2xRAID vs High Performance Drive

i just got this. 640GB

Also will i notice a real difference in this upgrade? Heres the performance of the momentus drive im using now:

Awesome buy, let us know what you think.

Yea you will! here are results from that drive.

wd6401aalsdv255.jpg

Ok just got my wd black drive today and now im happy to say that my build is officially complete. (my other hard drive, ram and psu was from my old dell)
Pics:

Sorry for the high res, when i tried to size it lower the res the pics got distorted, but anyway My back fans are intake and my front fans are exhast, i also have a fan modded to my psu thats also exhast.. My specs are in my sig.

Yeah its not really a gamer pc but it does play gameswell and its now really easy for me to encode and edit videos now compared to my dell i had. The hard drive i got it performs well, i can notice the difference in load times, especially when it comes to empire total war, gaming is alot smoother, but really its not a huge difference... maybe ill notice it more after awhile.

Also i have to admit, the reason was able to build this computer is because of the members of this forum, thanks alot guys

Wow nice link, so wiki labels a 10% failure rate with RAID 0. But Seagate has a 3 year warrenty that will support any raid config disk failure, So it seems like it works out.

But from what i've learned from this forum whats worth doing, is worth over doing.
how is this: OCZ Vertex 60GB

60GB is fine for me, plus i could buy a second one later if needed. Is this actually worth paying a premium for?
No you're looking at it wrong. RAID doesn't make your hard drives fail, just if one of the hard drive messes up on a 1 or a 0 somewhere, pretty much all of your data is lost, because you only have half of the data on the other drive, but putting your hard drives in RAID mechanically doesn't make your drives more suseptible to breaking...(right?)

No you're looking at it wrong. RAID doesn't make your hard drives fail, just if one of the hard drive messes up on a 1 or a 0 somewhere, pretty much all of your data is lost, because you only have half of the data on the other drive, but putting your hard drives in RAID mechanically doesn't make your drives more suseptible to breaking...(right?)

how would it?
the increased stress?

i would go with the 4 drives in a RAID 0+1 array
striped then mirrored (SP?)

x2 raid increases the risk of you losing everything. Why? Probabilities. If the probability of a drive failing is x, the the probability of 1 of 2 drives failing is 2x.

Back
Top Bottom