Overclocking Gurus i have questions

disturbed13

Daemon Poster
okay what software should i use to make sure that any OCing that i do is stable?
i have CPU-Z and GPU-Z
but those are just for information
im looking for stress tests
thanks

Prime95. Run 10min "Small FFTs" to test while OC'ing. Run 5hrs+ "Small FFTs" to test once you think you've reached your OC. Use "Blend" and "Large FFTs" if you want to test your RAM. However, if you don't mind, I'd recommend you download Memtest for RAM.

Prime95

For overclockers, Prime95 has a feature called "Torture Test" that allows maximum stress testing on the CPU and RAM. There are several options allowing the stress test to focus on the memory, processor, or a balance of both.

i've grown to hate prime95. its brutal truth takes away all of my dreams

I'd also suggest Realtemp and hwmonitor. Realtemp gives you your CPU core temps and HWmonitor shows you all your voltages and tells you chipset temperatures among other things.

LinX/IntelBurnTest for maximum stress/heat on your cpu, keep an eye on your temps as it will run hot (Freeware)

Prime95 Blend Test as suggested above to stress your CPU/Memory/Northbridge/MCH. Not as stressful on the CPU as LinX/IBT but stresses different parts of your pc quite well. (Freeware)

If your overclock is stable after running Prime95 for around 8 hours and LinX for around 20 passes using maximum memory/stress level then you can consider your oc stable (run these programmes seperately, do not run at the same time)

SuperPi 1.5 for testing speed/stability of your memory (Freeware)

Everest Ultimate benchmarks are also quite handy to run to ascertain which settings can provide the most bandwidth/speed/ lowest latency. (Not freeware)

FAH (Folding at Home) is also very stressful, one of the Prime95 stress tests was a FAH gromacs core in older versions

Keep a close eye on temps and you should be OK.

:)

Back
Top Bottom