Car Thread!

yeah ill have to find another shifter pic thanks alvino :)

i like the standard shift one to it looks cool and it looks like finding the gears it extremely easy lol

ag_08r8_shifter.jpg

yeah moose i drive sick cars audi's porsche,VW ford etc etc

What you see there is a gated shifter. From what I've heard, it's harder to get through the gears with a gated shifter. They do look damn cool though.

You shouldn't have to look at the shifter to find your gears either. It's a really easy pattern to learn that's pretty much standard on any H-shifter, the only difference between cars is reverse gear location.

eh its cool i guess i don't use it much pretty much if your in that mood and cant go faster you shift up and if you slow down or stop it down shifts for you and their is no clutch pedal

I've never had the chance to drive any cars with tiptronic or paddle shifting.

Your not missing much at all... It actually makes me feel stupid using it and to be honest i think i have used it twice to see what it was like and its really not all that cool....

To be honest I feel really stupid cuz when i shift i stomp the floor looking for a clutch that is non existent....LMFAO

I have driven pretty much solely standards exempt my winter beaters and when i stepped up to my new Lincoln LS it has tiptronic shifting and it just seems pointless in a luxury car but thats just me.

lmfao....I hate Rice Burners, fag wagons, bee hives...ect... ALL american for me when it comes to drag racing or just speed. Though for off road rally id go for an STI

but no...nota V8 : / couldnt afford a v8s gas milage for one to...lol.
its a 2000 3.8L V6 DOHC 24v with dual cat backs exhaust and a K&N Air filter, Cobra R Hood, about 220Hp.
22MPG in town and 32MPG on the interstate, cant argue that with how expensive gas is, an being in college. Though it goes 0-60 in about 9.5secs. Its got ridiculous acceleration for a v6 between 0-35mph. Burns out good to ;)

LMFAO I wish I still had my CRX just for like 13 seconds.... LOL I prolly wouldnt even need it for that long to show you how bad your mustang is compared to a real import tuner....:D:D:D

Tiptronic/StepTronic are okay. Not as fun as a proper manual, but I wouldn't mind having a DCT SMG. It's a lot faster than any human can possibly shift gears and it makes you feel like a Formula 1 driver. :p

Back
Top Bottom