Possible Comp Rig

the "Typical" gaming rig? what would you call a gaming rig that NEEDS more than 4 gigs? People that judge how fast a computer is buy how much RAM and how big its processor and how many GHZ their CPU has lol

We can easily build you an i7 right for $1000. You will have to order from Microcenter. The i7 is currently selling for $230 and most of their motherboards are sub $200 now, with RAM being around $70.

The more RAM you give Vista, the more it uses. Take out 4GB and it will perfectly fine. It's nothing but a resource hog. Service pack 1 was a small upgrade..

^
I read (from the article I posted I believe) that the reason Vista uses more RAM when it has more to use is so that it doesn't have to access it's paging file. So when it has enough RAM it basically leaves the PF idle, which is a good performance boost. I can't say I love this feature when looking at how much RAM I am using, but at the same time, it is suppose to be more snappy this way.

yeah your right moose, superfetch caches more ram for the operating system so the programs you most use load faster, but i dont really trust windows in choosing what to cache for me though.

i just think that adding more than 4GB would just be superflous right now. More power usage, more stress on the memory controller for what? So cs:s loads .5 sec faster?

Back
Top Bottom