Need a new router

CSpanky23

Solid State Member
I dont know where to put this, but I had bought an 80$ Linksys N Range Plus (WRT160N V2) and although Im getting 100% on it, I was on support with linksys for 4 hours trying to change it from NAT type 3 to 2, we changed everything, port forwarding, DMZ, everything, we even upgraded the firmware and reset it...nothing.

Now they are telling me I need to bridge my ISP modem to that or whatever.

I heard alot about the D-Links, PRICE IS NOT A MATTER. I need something with no lag. for now itll be short range (probably 20 feet or so) but my father will be moving it upstairs RIGHT ABOVE MY ROOM so through the wall around 5-6 feet, but in open space, 30-40 feet, i dont know if that matters, thanks for any help, like i said price is not the matter, performance is.

Or if you have the same router and could help me program to NAT type 2 then I wont have to take it back. thanks

Like I said I need high speed, no lag, even if I have to upgrade the firmware. Just show me the money product here.

i thought that nat settings are usually configured by your isp..

When i had AT&T i had NAT 3. Now with Charter i have nat 2.

When I say money is no issue, im saying 0-200$, I want N range, I need that

and I havent heard alot of good about belkin and netgear, and linksys isnt really game friendly....helppppppp

Your talkin about n wireless? ok Heres what i'm using Asus WL 500

When my friends come over we all do wireless lan gaming, and this router has been perfect so far

I dont know where to put this, but I had bought an 80$ Linksys N Range Plus (WRT160N V2) and although Im getting 100% on it, I was on support with linksys for 4 hours trying to change it from NAT type 3 to 2, we changed everything, port forwarding, DMZ, everything, we even upgraded the firmware and reset it...nothing.

Now they are telling me I need to bridge my ISP modem to that or whatever.

I heard alot about the D-Links, PRICE IS NOT A MATTER. I need something with no lag. for now itll be short range (probably 20 feet or so) but my father will be moving it upstairs RIGHT ABOVE MY ROOM so through the wall around 5-6 feet, but in open space, 30-40 feet, i dont know if that matters, thanks for any help, like i said price is not the matter, performance is.

Or if you have the same router and could help me program to NAT type 2 then I wont have to take it back. thanks

Like I said I need high speed, no lag, even if I have to upgrade the firmware. Just show me the money product here.

broken link

I have 2 of the Belkin N1's. Both perform flawlessly. Average price is around 150 US dollars.

When I say money is no issue, im saying 0-200$, I want N range, I need that

and I havent heard alot of good about belkin and netgear, and linksys isnt really game friendly....helppppppp

Belkin, Linksys and Netgear are the top companies for manufacturing these devices.

But they are NOT made for gaming as said before. I paid good money for my linksys and it didnt do much for me, I mean it worked, its just impossible to configure.

Back
Top Bottom