opinions please on my new built.

That plug should work on the A7N8X Deluxe with out any problems. It's just a standard ATX connector with a breakaway 4 pin section for the newer 24 pin motherboards. You need to disconnect the 4 pin section and it should just pop right in. Make sure you have the connector the right way around.

this is exactly what I was trying to explain, if it doesn't "fit" one way, reverse it and it should fit...

4.jpg

ncxcf5.jpg

That small 4 pin section on the left side of the connector in your pic breaks off. You need to remove that section in order to plug the remaining 20 pins it into your motherboard.

holy crap your right. i never noticed it was a bit longer as i was trying to put it in blind due to the IDE cords were in way. but yea the 4 pin piece came apart easily.

but any how. i already ordered all my new parts and im glad i didn't know about the 4 pin earlier or else i wouldn't be upgrading. everything is on the way except for the CPU.

i was looking for the C2D e7200 because it had OC potential and stability at high Ghz. but the only online place i could fine was zip zoom fly site and that costed 120 and not in stock. so i was browsing around the local computer stores and came across an e8400 on sale for 120+tax and i picked that up. LOL. im a lucky ass. thanks guys.

yea i should post some pics. but one question. i ordered the P5Q SE Plus instead of the P5Q Pro Turbo like i wanted. according to specs it does support Core 2 Duo but in the pictures on the box it supports C2Extreme and C2Quad. should i be worried about this?

Back
Top Bottom