Learning a new Language

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to need help, I could ask my parents, since they can read, write and speak Chinese.
But I think it might be easier to learn online since online can give me an English definition of the word, where as my parents cant since they dont speak English very well.

How do you communicate with them?

I want to learn an language, which is Chinese. I know how to speak Chinese at an elementary level since my parents speaks Chinese, and thats how we communicate. I want to learn how to write, read, and speak Chinese fluently. Anybody know where I can learn it for free?
I prefer through online since then I can move at my own pace.

there

I know I can learn Chinese from my parents, but sometimes its hard to find the actual meaning on more advanced words. We end up associating with other words and use an English to Chinese dictionary (cant be vice versa), to see if I actually got the correct translation to English.

How do you communicate with them?

Chinese, but they said I speak at an elementary level, so when my relatives communicate with me, they have to talk to me like I'm a little kid so I can understand. I want to learn Chinese so I could get a chance to move to China to live there if something bad were to happen in the US.

EDIT - Instead of creating an new thread, I am just going to ask another question here.
Due to our financial status because of college, my family probably cant have an vacation to China to visit our relatives for awhile. So instead, we thought they should come here since they are retired. Problem is that they are not guaranteed to get the Visa to come to the US, and it costs about $200 to each try. Is there any way to increase the chances or help them have a vacation here?

if you where indifferent to alternative means of appropriating the software it wouldnt be too expensive .

and besides which if you dont agree with piracy im sure f something like this is worth doing its worth doing properly and from what i have heard/.seen rosetta stone certainly does do its stuff

I know I can learn Chinese from my parents, but sometimes its hard to find the actual meaning on more advanced words. We end up associating with other words and use an English to Chinese dictionary (cant be vice versa), to see if I actually got the correct translation to English.

i was replying to lowndsey's post...

noob.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom