Vista vs. iPod

teho

Baseband Member
I have a laptop running Vista and a 30G iPod classic (if it matters). Here's the problem. When iTunes is up and running and I plug the iPod into the laptop, iTunes is telling me my iPod is "corrupted". Not sure what this means, but when I try to "restore" the iPod as iTunes says, it dose not seem to work. I've also tried unplugging the iPod and plugging it back in (as iTunes also says to do) and still no luck. Any ideas to help me keep my sanity over this issue? Thanks in advance.

try formatting it

Connect the ipod, open my computer, right click your ipod and click format.

I'll try that now. Thanks. Let you know in a bit if it worked.

It's taking awhile...is this normal?

Ok. I HAD 2939 songs on it...I'm guessing they're all going to be gone when this is done?

didnt your computer warn you that all info would be erased? thats kinda what formatting means man.

Yes it did warn me...however, I was kinda hopping for some unexplainable miracle...lol...where my songs would still remain. It just got done so I'm gonna head to iTunes to see if we're good to go. Thanks for the info and the help.

ah i feel bad i shouldve warned you more.. but hey your ipod should probably be fixed.

Also itunes was saying your ipod is corrupted because you dont eject your ipod before you disconnect it, causing your ipod to short out sometimes (if it was being used while you unplugged it) after awhile it corrupts the filesystem on the ipod but if the damage is extensive, your going to have to get a new ipod.

I've always clicked the "Safely Remove Hardware" icon prior to unplugging it. It looks like it's time for a new iPod cause iTunes is not even recognizing it now. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom