A Whole New Level of Ignorance

it also happens though that stories like this are thankfully very isolated and fortunatley dont reflect the mainstream level of thinking in the USA at the moment

Unfortunatley in this country if you come out and say something like that you are labelled as racist,inteolerent,Fascist and prejudice just to name a few things ive heard people say even though you arent being any of them things

I am pretty sure one day i want to go live in australia and before i do i will at least make a small bit of effort to learn about the history and culture of australia and if i couldnt speak the language i would at least try my hardest to learn even basic english before i went to live there . mainly because i know how much it annoys me when i see people in this country who dont know the language or understand the culture of our country

I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or their culture.

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE, and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this. But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'

'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE. We didn't force you to come here. You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

I agree with all these parts 110%

the best is the homless guy rambling on about invading random countries.

And is it bad that I though of Uruguay (I though it was Urugay, but firefox says its Uruguay. Which is it?) before The United States of America?

it's Uruguay

you-ra-g-why

not you-are-gay as homer pronounced it on the simpsons when he was looking at a globe.

And yes, I agree, if you're going to a country then the least that you can do is learn the language of the country.

nobody is asking people to give up their faith, customs traditions or identity, just learn the language of the land that you've moved to, and obey the laws of the land that you've moved to... and not try to enforce a different (antiquated) law based on a minority religious belief.

And on the original topic,
I disagree with people changing their names to make them easier to pronounce for people who can't be bothered to learn how to say words properly...
though it's already the case that a lot of people, especially Chinese people already adopt alternative names that us white folks have less trouble pronouncing, whilst also keeping their actual names, that they'd use at home and with family. though deciding to do something for yourself, and being forced to do something is an entirely different kettle of fish.

And on the original topic,
I disagree with people changing their names to make them easier to pronounce for people who can't be bothered to learn how to say words properly...
though it's already the case that a lot of people, especially Chinese people already adopt alternative names that us white folks have less trouble pronouncing, whilst also keeping their actual names, that they'd use at home and with family. though deciding to do something for yourself, and being forced to do something is an entirely different kettle of fish.

Exactly. I have a chinese name my parents, relatives, grandparents all call me by, but at the same time I have an actual english name that my parents gave to me the moment I was born. There are some who don't have alternative names, but it only takes a moment to ask that person how to properly pronounce it.

I dont see anything at all wrong with what he is saying .
I was there first, GTFO. :D
Exactly. I have a chinese name my parents, relatives, grandparents all call me by, but at the same time I have an actual english name that my parents gave to me the moment I was born. There are some who don't have alternative names, but it only takes a moment to ask that person how to properly pronounce it.
And I'm sure you wouldn't be offended if you didn't have an English name and everyone pronounced your Chinese name wrong.

Back
Top Bottom