Car Thread!

McLaren SLR? Or McLaren F1?

Yeah, it's plenty fast just by looking on the spec sheet. W16 with four turbochargers. :p

Too bad it's such a pig...didn't even get top 5 on the Top Gear Power Lap list and got beaten by the Caterham Seven R500 which is possibly the geekiest car ever made.

I live near Chitown... Plenty of riced out Hondas... Think it's a coincidence that Illinois has the 3rd largest Mexican population of any state?....

I posted a status thing on facebook the other day after I went to Fast and Furious saying the movie was really good. And it had a lot less rice. Some kid commented saying, "You just jealous, we can go fast and still get good mileage."
I responded with this picture:
TORQUE-1.jpg

Now, he said, "Nah, I don't need to look at anything." But I think he saw it, and that was that.... lol.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are cars that can go fast and get decent mileage. alvino's beamer for example. I mean, it's not great on gas, but it has some get up and go. Plenty of cars like that. Evos. A twin turbo Supra or STI is not my idea of rice. If it's a 10 second car, it's not a ricer...
A ricer, is a car with dual farters, 7 foot wings, pink flames, and a bone stock engine. A civic with a small wing, flashy paint, larger exhaust, and a twin turbo @ like 15 pounds of boost, is slightly ricey, but still, a good car...
But as they say, polish a turd, and it's still a turd.

Audi TDI FTW.
VW you mean?

I live near Chitown... Plenty of riced out Hondas... Think it's a coincidence that Illinois has the 3rd largest Mexican population of any state?....

I posted a status thing on facebook the other day after I went to Fast and Furious saying the movie was really good. And it had a lot less rice. Some kid commented saying, "You just jealous, we can go fast and still get good mileage."
I responded with this picture:

Now, he said, "Nah, I don't need to look at anything." But I think he saw it, and that was that.... lol.

Now, don't get me wrong, there are cars that can go fast and get decent mileage. alvino's beamer for example. I mean, it's not great on gas, but it has some get up and go. Plenty of cars like that. Evos. A twin turbo Supra or STI is not my idea of rice. If it's a 10 second car, it's not a ricer...
A ricer, is a car with dual farters, 7 foot wings, pink flames, and a bone stock engine. A civic with a small wing, flashy paint, larger exhaust, and a twin turbo @ like 15 pounds of boost, is slightly ricey, but still, a good car...
But as they say, polish a turd, and it's still a turd.

005-1.jpg

Pretty good looking turd IMO.

Yeah, I know VW owns audi... some audi cars are just re badged VW cars... With a 10k bigger price tag, lol. The TDI engines are designed by VW aren't they? I always thought they were famous for the mpg and reliability in cars like the beatle and passat. My friend has a TDI in his Beatle. Bit of a girl car, but he likes it fine. Has some go, and gets like 45mpg.

Yeah, Volkswagen uses a lot of chassis across the different marques they own and TDI was designed by them.

I'm just referring to Audi Sport's R8, R10 and R15 Le Mans Prototype cars that made them famous in the American Le Mans Series.

It's a 1992 325i (E36). Doesn't put out much power...about 189hp and 186lb/ft of torque. Considering it's such an old car that doesn't have valve timing technology (BMW didn't use VANOS until the 1993 models) the power it puts out isn't too bad. Nothing mind blowing, but BMW's aren't meant to blow you out of the water in a straight line. It's the corners and twisties where it has fun.

Since it doesn't have VANOS, the mileage isn't too great since most of my daily driving is a combination of highway and city, not just highway. Not to mention it's the original motor with about 166,685~ miles on it, I would not be surprised at all if it lost some power or efficiency in it's years of service.

Back
Top Bottom