Sony SAW Speakers & Amp

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I want to get some Sony SAW speakers and I was about to order them until someone told me that HI-FI speakers must go with their original amplifier, so Sony Speakers with Sony amp. Is this true? Or could I buy these speakers and use any amplifier as long as its good enough for the speakers, so as an example a Technics amp with Sony Speakers. Thanks for any help.

As far as i know.... absolutely not true

Would be interested in being proven wrong though

I want to get some Sony SAW speakers and I was about to order them until someone told me that HI-FI speakers must go with their original amplifier, so Sony Speakers with Sony amp. Is this true? Or could I buy these speakers and use any amplifier as long as its good enough for the speakers, so as an example a Technics amp with Sony Speakers. Thanks for any help.
Most of the time you can use any speaker with any amplifier.... Allthough somtimes same brand amplifiers sound better with same brand speakers (Namley, Bang and Oulfsen).

You should be fine

Most of the time you can use any speaker with any amplifier.... Allthough somtimes same brand amplifiers sound better with same brand speakers (Namley, Bang and Oulfsen).

You should be fine

Not really. Amplifiers don't really sound any different.

The speakers are called "SONY SAW SSXB80V" anyone know how many watts they are, I'm having difficulty finding it.

The speakers are called "SONY SAW SSXB80V" anyone know how many watts they are, I'm having difficulty finding it.

These are huge speakers that came with a Sony midi hifi system. I used to sell them from the Sony Centre.

I can't find, or remember the specs but you need a decent amp that can deliver high output currents. Some amplifiers might find these 4 way 4 unit bass reflex speakers difficult to drive.

These are huge speakers that came with a Sony midi hifi system. I used to sell them from the Sony Centre.

I can't find, or remember the specs but you need a decent amp that can deliver high output currents. Some amplifiers might find these 4 way 4 unit bass reflex speakers difficult to drive.

I have been searching for hours and I can't find ho many watts they are. I got a copy of the manual and it didn't state how many watts they are either, I don't understand why Sony would make it so difficult for you to find out. Also if the Amp isn't good enough does it just mean they wont be able to reach their full potential or they won't work a all?

EDIT: I know someone who has the Sony SAW SSXB60 speakers which are 200W and they are slightly smaller speakers.

Back
Top Bottom