WC3 Hosting

Just need to clarify something - does your broadband account come with a dynamic address and you are using some software to make it work like a static address? what software are you using?

Nope. Just went to Network Connections, Right Click, Properties, TCP/IP Properties, and selected manual.

Also did u restart your modem after you set the port forwards?

Nope.

Have you tried going to proxy website and entering your ip address in the proxy and see what you get - if you get your modems login page then the forward is not working correctly.

Haven't tried this yet.

I finally got off my ass and reset the router so I could get a new set of username/pass. While I was setting everything up, I decided to go ahead and port-forward ports 6112-6119 (used for WC3) on TCP/UDP so I could host games. I set the IP Server Address to my computer's. Although my protocol is configured for a dynamic address, I can set up a local static address. My plan was to switch to this certain configuration every time I play WC3.

So I've got everything set correctly for WC3, ports 6112-6119 have been forwarded...all addresses are correct...my computer has a static...but I get no connections to my game. I downloaded a port checker and it says no connection (obviously). Help me fix this please.

Just need to clarify something - does your broadband account come with a dynamic address and you are using some software to make it work like a static address? what software are you using?

Also did u restart your modem after you set the port forwards?

Have you tried going to proxy website and entering your ip address in the proxy and see what you get - if you get your modems login page then the forward is not working correctly.

Cheers
Mark
www.mhare.com.au

Back
Top Bottom