What's your stance on marijuana use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The government can't legalize it because it simply can't tax it. That is the sole reason why it is illegal.

I agree it cant tax the weed which is why it is illegal however it can tax all of the related paraphenalia which is why that is legal to manufacture and sell
I would like to know everyone's honest opinion about marijuana.

Have you tried marijuana before? If yes, how much or how often? If not, have you ever had the option to try it? If so, why did you refuse? Would you ever change your mind and why?
No i have never tried it myself
I have had the option to try it a few times but turned down on both occasions , first occasion i felt a bit too young to try it so i didnt then i was only 15 at the time . Then the second time i was like 17 but i was with people i didnt know very well so i wouldnt have felt comfortable trying it .
im sure if i was given oppertunity i would try it but its not something i am really that bothered about
besides which i have to be mindfull of my future which would be ruined if i ended up getting a criminal record seeing as nobody is going to hire a lawyer with a criminal record

Do you think that it's harmful and how? (physically, psychologically)

Do you think it is less harmful than alcohol?
Of course its harmful in relation to your lungs which where not designed to inhale smoke of any kind

secondly depending on the person it can have different psychological effects which i think is the same as all other drugs , the psychological effects really depend on the user ,just like when people get drunk on alcohol some people get violent and look for fights whereas some people just get talkative i even know one person who gets very paranoid when he is drunk

How do you associate people who smoke marijuana? If you meet someone for the first time, would the way you think about that person change if you learned that they smoke marijuana on a regular basis?

That's all the questions I have but if you want to elaborate more then please do so.

Well most of the people i know who smoke it or have smoked it i only know off because they have told me they smoke it and so for people who use it occasionally i dont think there is any way to tell unless they tell you .

But i try not to associate with people who are just stoners and are constantly smoking it because thats just not something i want to associate with for all of the problems it causes

I would like to know everyone's honest opinion about marijuana.

Have you tried marijuana before? If yes, how much or how often? If not, have you ever had the option to try it? If so, why did you refuse? Would you ever change your mind and why?

I do it on a regular basis. Not too often, but just whenever I'm hanging out with friends or co-workers. For me, marijuana is more of a social thing. I don't do it by myself because I have the need to do it. I do it with acquaintances to have a good time and enjoy life.

It's the same with alcohol. I've always been more of a social drinker rather than the kind that wants to get smashed because I can.

Do you think that it's harmful and how? (physically, psychologically)
Too much of anything is harmful. You see, it's all about knowing the pros and cons and having self control. Marijuana hasn't really affected me physically yet, and as far as psychologically not really. I still function the same as I did before I started.

Do you think it is less harmful than alcohol?

Yes.

If you have been high before, how do you react to it? Do you feel more relaxed? More anxious? Do you think that it makes you look at the world differently?

Generally I'm more relaxed, it slows down my mental process a bit but it's not as extreme as say being drunk as I can still make important decisions if need be.

How do you associate people who smoke marijuana? If you meet someone for the first time, would the way you think about that person change if you learned that they smoke marijuana on a regular basis?

Not really. That's the thing I love about college. There are plenty of people who smoke and plenty who don't. No one cares enough to judge you if you smoke marijuana or not. People won't push you to do it if you don't want to.

1) I started smoking weed when I was 11. Smoked, ate it, drank it ALOT untill I was almost 18 (along with other organic narcotics). Then gave it up. I smoke it occasionally now.

2) Its harmful on your lungs (duh). Psychologically tho...anything can be harmfull psychologically. It all depends on the persons personality type.

3) Yes I do think its WAY LESS harmfull than alcohol. Regardless of anything you want to try so hard to believe, there is no way you can die from too much weed. (except maybe of asphyxiation lol). I know Im going to be flamed for this but whatever....smoking weed and driving stoned is way less dangerous than drinking and driving. Do not comment on that unless you have direct first hand experience that relates. I would also like to disclaim that I do not believe "smoking and flying" is a good idea.

4) I used to never be able to stop laughing, then later on in life I was always in deep thought. Im the kind of person that always needs to be 100% focused to function properly, which is why I quit.

5) I find people that smoke dope are usually alot more fun than the non smokers. Interpret that statement loosely. They tend to be not wound up so tight, and more laid back, easy going and typically easier to get along with. I dont discriminate against ppl if they smoke weed, because I drink.

When im high this shit makes me fuckin trip:

funny0267.jpg

But i still cant look away.. :D

I don't smoke, but I used to smoke a lot when I was younger. I just kinda grew out of it. I see nothing wrong with it at all. I think marijuana being illegal is ridiculous. I mean when is the last time you heard of a "high driver" causing an accident? When is the last time you heard about a guy getting high and beating his wife? More people than you would think smoke pot, and they are not bad people.

One question... How the hell is Tequila legal and Marijuana isn't?

Alcohol can be taxed, weed can't.
Says who?

The point of my statement is that people get drunk and cause car accidents, get into fights, and do many many stupid things that hurt other people and it is legal. People that smoke pot sit on the couch and play to many video games.

Do smoke weed? Don't remember it, but sitting on the couch playing too many video games is quite a common feature of my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom