Problem with sound (front left speaker broken)

Akahael

Beta member
Problem with sound

Motherboard: Asus P5B
Sound Card: Integrated
Operating System: Windows Vista 32-bit
Speakers: Logitech X-530 5.1

The problem is that my front left speaker is generating a rapid ticking sound and has no sound output besides that. The sound is present even before the operating system loads up.

The speakers connect to the computer through the subwoofer with three standard 3.5mm plugs. First one for front speakers (green), second one for rear speakers (black) and the third one for center+subwoofer (orange). There are six jacks (Front/Rear/Sub+Center/Mic/Line-In/Something else) for audio I/O on the back of my computer chassis and two on the side (Speakers/Mic). The speakers connect to the subwoofer through RCA plugs and my front right speaker (with volume knob) some other plug that looks somewhat like this.

If I connect my front speakers' plug (green) into that side green jack I get audio output from both front speakers and the subwoofer as well.

Also, if I switch plugs into different jacks on my subwoofer the muted/clicking speaker starts working and the other one that it was replaced with stops.

I think it all started happening when I accidentaly plugged my guitar's amp into my speaker's output jack.

It looks like you could have damaged the subwoofers built in amplifier if the front left speaker works through a different jack.

I don't really know what to suggest, except to maybe phone up where you got the speakers from.

I don't think that's the case. Like I said, if I use the other green jack on the side of my computer chassis both front speakers work. I even tested each three plugs with an iPod and all speakers were working perfectly.

Thanks anyway.

Back
Top Bottom