Damn it, I need a job!!

Fully Optimized
OK. I'm almost 18 an I have never had a job and I like really want move out when I turn 19 after I finish high school but the economic expert say the job market will not open up for like three years after the stock market starts going back up. So what the hell am I supposed to do for 2 years after high school since I won't be getting a scholarship? I am sort of pissed with timing of this economic crash! puching my life back by 2 years. Damn it!

1. Fix up computers.
2. Go to community college.
3. Try finding a job as a tutor there.

Could fix computers. There are some fairly inexpensive apartments near the main business district. Computers are good for finding jobs. They make you useful. lol.
My parents only saved 1000 for my college education so that'll pay for half of a 2-year online assiciate's degree. The 2000 I'm getting from grand parents as graduation present will be used for a car down payment after the recession lifts and people start hiring so I can move out.
And what exactly do you mean by tutoring? Like one on one stuff with kids? Maybe....?

And my biggest problem right now is I have no method of transportation, no driver's license, and I live in a very rural area.

Honestly you sound fucked with no options.

Best thing to do is pinch pennies, stick with the parents buy a damn car and get your damn license. You cant have a life with out a license in a rual area. Inner city, there is public transportation. But out in the sticks there isnt anything, am i right??

Get a car, drive around and find a job.

Your financial expert sucks by the way. There are plenty of jobs to be had if you look carefully. Not always the most pleasant (think janitor/grounds keeper) but if you look, they are there. There is plenty of work that people just refuse to do and then they cant get a job they like so they say there arent any out there.

I bet you can find a job at least picking up trash somewhere. Ya it sucks, but what are you gonna do?

Yeah, I do sound pretty srewed up. And like there is no place to get a job where I live. But I might be able to get a janitorial positon as soon as I can get a car. It is seriously a 1 hour bike ride to the nearest set of stores. And it get too freaking hot in the summer to ride. So yeah, I'm screwed. I soooooo want hs to be over.

Well I am in HS too and I know what the rural stuff is like.

Gotta say though, license and a car is priority. Then once you have transportation you can get a job. Then you will have money.

Yeah, crappy part is I am a narcaleptic and I can't drive technically and my mom won't let me drive. God it is sucks to live in my position.

Well my mom is like ultra paranoid that I'll get in a crash falling asleep at the wheel because of my narcelepsy. And my parents are divorced so there's like no money for any car. Even a crappy one from a junk yard.

And I'm happy to almost be an adult. Just 2 more months. And I've thought about quiting school early and getting a GED just to get out of the house and live on my own but that seems like a bad idea sort of.

It's sounds like you live in a similar situation too me!

I have been looking for jobs in surrounding areas (nearest town is about 15 Minutes away,Nearest shopping center is 20).Im Still on my learners permit for the next year so i will have to rely on my parents to get me to work and back (Once i get a job that is).

Im just applying anywhere i can while running a small PC Repair Business (Not alot of business,Maybe $150 a Month [and thats if im lucky]) to help save up for a car so i can look for a decent job.

Back
Top Bottom