"If its worth doing, its worth over doing"

I know. I'm just saying I think being able to see the drive shaft and having it mis-match like that looks a bit tacky. And by drive shaft, I mean the struts.

I think you could fit 37s with 4" of lift. Why not go with a cheaper route for an extra 2" or something. Some drop shackles would be a cheap 2".

I think you could fit 37s with 4" of lift.

I'm not fully aware about how much room there is on a jeep but I somehow doubt that with only a 4" lift some 37's (maybe not even 35's) could be fitted but like i said..i'm not fully aware when comes to jeeps.

Idk I personally think it's kinda dumb to have your jeep jacked up like that unless you are like.. rock climbing.
You will also have to take in mind that this is probably going to make your jeep way more top heavy no more pushing it at higher speeds one little bump could send you flying.

But if you want to have "what everyone else can't afford" go for it. If that is what you really want. :)

Good point about the little bump sending me flying. And rock climbing with the stock wheel base and this lift is unheard of.

Rock climbers keep a low center of gravity :)

if you go with the 37's please make the drive shafts the same color as the body the same color as all the stuff you can see on the bottom. I think the silver clashes with the black.

Those are the long arms.

I think you could fit 37s with 4" of lift. Why not go with a cheaper route for an extra 2" or something. Some drop shackles would be a cheap 2".

I have coil springs all the way around, not possible to do drop shackels. They do however make polyurethane 2'' coil spacers that ride on the top of the coil to achieve an easy cheap 2'' lift. Here is the problem.

Look at the two pictures. See the first picture the long silver things that go to the belly pan? Then see how those arent there in the second set of pictures.

Those are called control arms. They keep the axle in place. Dont let them sway front/back etc etc. Anyways, there is the stock location, and then after ~4.5'' of lift its generally accepted that you go to long arms which are the long silver things that go to the belly pan. Because those arms shouldnt be at a steep angle, and after the 4.5'' mark is when the angle gets damn steep. There are only a handful of manufactures that make a short arm 6'' lift.

Rough Country (kit is still only a grand even for 6''), Super lift, which uses short arms but makes you redo the brackes (not worth it) and black diamond which I have never heard anyone running their lift.

Anyways this is a great review about the 6'' Rough country lift.

http://www.rockcrawler.com/techreports/rough_country_tjx/index.asp

A picture of the control arm -the thing hanging off the frame, going to the bottom of the axle). See how steep that angle is compared to the long arms going to the belly pan??

clayton_rock_flex_front_clo.jpg

So yeah it can be done, but only as a budget thing. Which is why the 4'' lift and coil spacers wouldnt work, because that angle is so extreme anything on top of the springs would be unsafe.

But see I have that lift on my stock springs and it works fine.

I'm not fully aware about how much room there is on a jeep but I somehow doubt that with only a 4" lift some 37's (maybe not even 35's) could be fitted but like i said..i'm not fully aware when comes to jeeps.

Defintely wouldnt work unless I hacked up the fenders hardcore. I am more over the giant lift, rather then the giant tires. I want my jeep to just be big. Not have the biggest tires.....

On a side note, yeah the huge lift and 37s would be cool. I was talking to Quick about it at school (shop teacher i am friends with) he said to be careful with getting into to much debt like that just incase something didnt work out and he wanted his money. That would be alot of money for me to pay back right away. I couldnt do it. It might be worth it to go the cheap route with the 35 inch tires (lift pending???????) just so its 1/3 of what the other stuff is to pay off.

I know about the coil spacers, I have them in my truck, lol.

Can't you drop the control arms though, same thing as radius arms aren't they? Then add in the "hockey puck" lift? You can weld can't you? Fab up your own bit of the lift.

Oh sorry, lol I thought you were talking like a shackle lift lol.

Actually I kinda thought about that. And yeah I guess I could actually :shrug:

So I guess I have kinda talked myself out on this on...... as much as I want the huge stuff, I shoudlnt get that far into debt. The short arm 6'' RC lift is 1000 before discount, and then the 4'' standard lift is 500 before discount. Both cheaper then 2800.

And 35s.......... for now. But I think I am going to go for that 6'' lift just because it would make my jeep huge. And that link I posted to the rockcrawler review site.... that jeep on 35s doesnt look bad at all.

Yeah, thats the point of installing the 6'' lift. Because the one on its roof is her husbands, and she had a jeep and wanted to keep up with the 'big boys'.

Make sense lol

If you can weld, fab up some brackets and your own radius arms. All you really need to buy is the longer shocks and springs. Driveshaft modifications, steering mods would also be an issue I guess. But, either drop the radius arms, or extend them. Dropping them would be fairly easy, extending them would involve fabbing up new ones though.

Are the leafs over the axle or under? I have heard of flipping the leaf springs as being a fairly easy lift good for like 2".

If you can weld, fab up some brackets and your own radius arms. All you really need to buy is the longer shocks and springs. Driveshaft modifications, steering mods would also be an issue I guess. But, either drop the radius arms, or extend them. Dropping them would be fairly easy, extending them would involve fabbing up new ones though.

Are the leafs over the axle or under? I have heard of flipping the leaf springs as being a fairly easy lift good for like 2".

Well then I need to buy the ends, and then fab up my own skid plate. There are various things I can do, but Im not going to get into that heavy duty fabbing. I just dont have the time.

As for leafs(are we talking about your truck now??)

My jeep has coils even in the rear. Anyways, depending on the vehicle the springs are perched under or above the axle. Now if they are on the top of the axle, you need lift springs to lift them or longer shackles. However if they are perched under, like all jeeps and anything under 1/2ton they probably will be, then you can drop the axle, grind of the bottom perch and weld it back on the top for an instant ~5'' lift with out any new hardware. Then you gotta worry about the front, haha. But there is no such thing as flipping the springs.

Back
Top Bottom