Windows Remote Assistance Issue! Help Needed! Please Help!

ohlin5

Solid State Member
First off, sorry if I put this in the wrong section, but I think it's right. Anyway, here is my problem. I am at college right now and often have to help my family with their home computer. I've done remote assistance in the past. However when we went to use it today, he sent the invitation just fine, I accepted it, and the screen started to pop up okay (on both my screen and his). Then the problem started. His screen just immediately dissapears and my screen comes up with an erorr stating something like "the person you are trying to help may already be running remote assistance or may not be at the computer" (both of which I know are wrong). I have all firewalls and antivirus disabled on both machines, and so I don't know what's blocking the connection. I have also tried two different networks on my end and so I know that's now the problem. Please help me solve this issue!

Many thanks and please help quickly!
-ohlin5

First off, sorry if I put this in the wrong section, but I think it's right. Anyway, here is my problem. I am at college right now and often have to help my family with their home computer. I've done remote assistance in the past. However when we went to use it today, he sent the invitation just fine, I accepted it, and the screen started to pop up okay (on both my screen and his). Then the problem started. His screen just immediately dissapears and my screen comes up with an erorr stating something like "the person you are trying to help may already be running remote assistance or may not be at the computer" (both of which I know are wrong). I have all firewalls and antivirus disabled on both machines, and so I don't know what's blocking the connection. I have also tried two different networks on my end and so I know that's now the problem. Please help me solve this issue!

Many thanks and please help quickly!
-ohlin5

One suggestion I have is to use the program called "teamviewer." It really simplifies the remote access process. Check it out.

Ok thanks for the suggestion Akira...I am downloading that right now and will have it downloaded on our home pc tomorrow. I will post back to let you know how it goes. I have tried Crossloop before (a similar software as far as I gather) and that didn't work behind our College firewall, but I am hoping for the best on this one. Anyway, like I said I will post back here tomorrow as to whether this works or not, but if anyone else has any other suggestions as to what might be the aforementioned problem please let me know!

Thanks A Lot!
-ohlin5

Ok thanks for the suggestion Akira...I am downloading that right now and will have it downloaded on our home pc tomorrow. I will post back to let you know how it goes. I have tried Crossloop before (a similar software as far as I gather) and that didn't work behind our College firewall, but I am hoping for the best on this one. Anyway, like I said I will post back here tomorrow as to whether this works or not, but if anyone else has any other suggestions as to what might be the aforementioned problem please let me know!

Thanks A Lot!
-ohlin5

Ok, best of luck.

Thanks a lot Akira! The program worked wonderfully, even where Crossloop had failed. The thing is that the College FW where I am at is rediculous, so I was happily surprised that his worked! Anyway, thanks again for the great suggestion!

-ohlin5

Thanks a lot Akira! The program worked wonderfully, even where Crossloop had failed. The thing is that the College FW where I am at is rediculous, so I was happily surprised that his worked! Anyway, thanks again for the great suggestion!

-ohlin5

You're welcome.

~cheers

Back
Top Bottom