Recession.. Redundancies.. fun fun..

mark thorpe

Golden Master
As of today, at my company there are to be 80 redundancies .. and the closure of my workshop (radio) and the hydraulics workshop.. at the moment i know that my job is secure for a year and a half, but i have no idea where i will be working.. this recession is getting annoying now... if i move workshop i will be starting again from scratch.. just annoying really not knowing what is going to happen.. going to have to go into work tomorrow and try to find out what is going to happen

What is a redundancy is exactly? Is that like people who face losing their jobs? Also, that sucks dude, but I feel ya. I delayed graduating by a semester so things can clear up a bit hopefully.

its where you loose your job because the company cannot longer support that position.. there are 80 jobs going at my place, but because I am an apprentice, that means that I cannot loose my job, just wont be doing the same job.. its just annoying that i dont actually know whats going on with my job.. or where i will be placed..

This recession is just getting plain boring, frustrating, depressing and distressing. I know loads of people who are currently out of work and there's about ten bazillion people chasing about three jobs.

I sense the Labour government will be joining the ranks of the unemployed in May 2010. Gordon Brown was warned about this years ago when he was still Chancellor but he ignored the warnings and now look at us, anyone voting for Labour after all this has some very serious explaining to do.

And now the taxes will go through the roof even further than before just to pay off the stupid amounts of money we pumped into corrupt, failing banks.

Emigration is tempting.

Back
Top Bottom