Question of cpu temps

Southbridge probably won't need any extra voltage though the Northbridge may, if you're running four memory modules increased VTT and VNB are almost certainly needed, if your memory is linked to your FSB it could be the memory not handling the OC it all depends on your hardware, what do you have (m/board, memory etc)?

All we know so far is you have a Q6600 (G0 or B3?) and a stock cooler which makes it hard to give any real pointers at this stage.

For a mobo i have the Asus IP35 PRO,
Dude, the brand is Abit not Asus

for ram i have 2 sticks of G.SKILL 2GB (4GB total) in dual channel. I have them running at 800 MHZ, which i think is the stock speed...dont really remember.
to overclock you'll need to "remember", you'll also need to detail the memory timings, DDR2 @ 4-4-4-12 ??? The fact that you're running 2*2GB modules is a plus as it means the VNB won't need to be as high as it would be running 4*1GB modules, so a bonus there.

G0 revision.
that's another bonus, G0 is the better of the two

And i do NOT have a stock cooler, this is my cooler: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200015
That cooler wouldn't be my "first choice" to be honest, if you're serious about overclocking using air cooling I'd suggest that the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme is still one of the best air coolers on the market.

You need to pm Kage, he has that board and cpu, he could probably help you more with settings than I can as I've not owned that board or had a "hands on" chance to play with one.

:)

Back
Top Bottom