Car Thread!

Just cause it's DOHC? You know modern Hemi engines are still OHV if I am not mistaken. OHV is great for low end grunt. The Police interceptors have 351 V8s. The interceptor is a bit more beefed up then a regular Crown Vic. Newer ones come equiped with either a DOHC or SOHC 4.6L V8. The SOHC is no worse then the DOHC either. So I don't know what you are trying to prove?

They're all SOHC 4.6-litre V8's. 250hp and 257lb/ft of torque. Sure, it's all low end, but you'd think Ford would at least bother updating them once in a while.

Even the chassis is somewhat of a joke. Sure, body-on-frame construction has it's uses, but the suspension is like it's made out of soggy bread.

Crown vics are not great, very true. Same thing as a Grand Marquis and a Lincoln Mark VII. I know they do make a DOHC 4.6L. The Mustang uses the same engine, at 315hp though. The old Polics interceptors did have 351w though. Great engine. Tons of torque. Not great mileage, but paired to an AOD, it's not too bad... The SOHC and DOHC engines are a bit better. Around 18-20, but the DOHC really isn't any better then the SOHC. Just different.

The thing about the DOHC 4.6 is that it's HUGE. That's one of the reasons V8's are still OHV.

I love hearing turbochargers spooling.
I saw some video of the engine in that 'stang. Has twin remote turbos in the trunk, they are so freaking HUGE!!! I don't know what engine it has either, but I'm guessing something with BIG displacement. a 3200 lb car, with like 2000hp I'm guessing...

Back
Top Bottom