Is my mobo slowing my GPU ?

Techmaster05

Daemon Poster
Alright well i recently purchased a GTX 295 from Evga and im not really happy with my vantage score. I think my mobo has something to do with it.

My GPU overclocked to 675/1455/1269 gets a score of around 17489
My GPU Stock at 576/1242/999 gets a score of 15734

I have seen people hit 20k with a single 295

My board is not the greatest, its from my old hp from 2008
LINK: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?lc=en&dlc=en&cc=uk&docname=c01324212

the rest of my specs are in my sig

It's probably your CPU bottlenecking the card. Try overclocking that and I'm sure your score will jump. Your motherboard only supports PCI Express x16. The newer cards are meant to be run on a 2.0 module for the extra bandwidth.

It's probably your CPU bottlenecking the card. Try overclocking that and I'm sure your score will jump. Your motherboard only supports PCI Express x16. The newer cards are meant to be run on a 2.0 module for the extra bandwidth.

ya the 2.0 thing is what i thought it was but i dont think HP has the cpu ocing open in the bios, but i would have to check

You can always pick up another motherboard for a modest price. It will do wonders for your system. Everything from power saving to performance. Let me know if you're interested. I'll find you a good motherboard for your budget.

You can always pick up another motherboard for a modest price. It will do wonders for your system. Everything from power saving to performance. Let me know if you're interested. I'll find you a good motherboard for your budget.

ya i guess im interested just cant get it now, most likley the end of this month or sometime next month. I was thinking of something around the $150 range, i was looking at the 780i from evga and some of the gigabyte mobos.

What you think about this one ?
Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128358

That is a fantastic motherboard. You should be able to overclock extremely well with it.

That is a fantastic motherboard. You should be able to overclock extremely well with it.

yea thats what im probably going to get, i was thinking of getting it before i got the card but didnt. Only thing i dont like about that mobo is that its a bit fruity with all the colors and stuff

It also depends on your case. Most of the colors are overpowered by the LED fans. That's why I like EVGA, the black and green looks really nice. I personally love the way the majority of ASUS and EVGA motherboards look.

It also depends on your case. Most of the colors are overpowered by the LED fans. That's why I like EVGA, the black and green looks really nice. I personally love the way the majority of ASUS and EVGA motherboards look.

ya asus boards dont look bad, neither do evga's

yea thats what im probably going to get, i was thinking of getting it before i got the card but didnt. Only thing i dont like about that mobo is that its a bit fruity with all the colors and stuff

the fruity colors look nice in the case, with or without LEDs everywhere, also, if it helps you get your vantage score up will it matter how fruity it looks...? that's a great board...

Back
Top Bottom