Best fanless video card for 60 or under?

What are you using it for? If gaming, you want a fan if your card is going to be in an intense state.

Well maybe a bit of gaming, AoE and I just got the trial of WoW and it is pretty fun, might get into that. But as for the card I want a fanless card because I want silence, I am aware I could get a better card with a fan for the price but I am willing to let performance suffer for silence.

What other fans? I have a very quiet system. I have 1 92mm Arctic Cooling fan running at 1000rpm (inaudible) on my Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro, and my PSU fan which I have replaced with a Scythe 120mm fan that runs at 4.2v (aka inaudible) My hard drive is the loudest thing in my system, and a new Western Digital 640GB Caviar Blue is arriving tomorrow, should be an improvement over my current drive.

So a fan on my graphics card would be the loudest thing in my system.

Not really. Take my advice, I know what I'm talking about. I have a GTX 260 Core 216 where the fan stays inaudible no matter what. When I crank it past 75%, I can begin to hear it. I used to have an ATI HD 2600 PRO. It was a small card that stayed inaudible no matter what. I just wouldn't recommend getting any graphic card used for gaming without a fan. I'm pretty sure they don't even make any. Get a card from Nvidia. Their fans usually run at lower RPM's than ATI's.

Back
Top Bottom