OC'd my E8400!!

Could you guide me in doing so?

If the review I'm reading is correct, you need to get to this menu:

08220934965l.jpg

The ones you need are the CPU Vcore, CPU VTT, Memory, and NB.

CPU VTT should be at 1.1 by default. My P35 was 1.2v, if you change it I wouldn't go above 1.2v. CPU voltage shouldn't go too far over 1.4v. For memory, I wouldn't go above 2.2v. You probably won't need to go that high though.

I noticed that there's a NB and NB BR04. I don't know what they mean and how high you should go because I don't know anything about Nvidia chipsets.

Unlinked has no benefit over 1:1 as the FSB is the bandwidth bottleneck. The RAM's bandwidth cannot be higher than the FSB's. So if the FSB is running at 400MHz for example, the RAM's bandwidth will be bottlenecked at anything over 400MHz (800 DDR).

EDIT: In, highest so far at 4.1GHz.

And for the voltages, I've had mine running at 1.368V with a 1.1V FSB voltage. FSB voltage is a far larger factor in the degradation of these chips than Vcore. I would also recommend you set all voltages manually.

But the FSB is quad pumped, remember.

Could you guide me in doing so?
Sure, Cabbs has pretty much said everything but I suppose I can add some stuff:
- Running at 3.75GHz(that's what you're is at, right?), you shouldn't really need to change anything other than the Vcore. FSB (also known as VVT) and CPU PL should be at their defaults (1.1V for FSB and 1.2V-1.5V for PL) I'm not sure if Nvidia mobos have the latter option, though.
- Start with a relatively low Vcore, 1.25V for example, if it's not stable at 3.75GHz, just keep bumping it up until it is. Keep your RAM at 1:1 and you won't need to increase the voltage for that.
- If increasing the Vcore doesn't help stability, NB voltage is the most likely problem. Just bump it up one notch above default (default is usually the lowest value)

Sure, Cabbs has pretty much said everything but I suppose I can add some stuff:
- Running at 3.75GHz(that's what you're is at, right?), you shouldn't really need to change anything other than the Vcore. FSB (also known as VVT) and CPU PL should be at their defaults (1.1V for FSB and 1.2V-1.5V for PL) I'm not sure if Nvidia mobos have the latter option, though.
- Start with a relatively low Vcore, 1.25V for example, if it's not stable at 3.75GHz, just keep bumping it up until it is. Keep your RAM at 1:1 and you won't need to increase the voltage for that.
- If increasing the Vcore doesn't help stability, NB voltage is the most likely problem. Just bump it up one notch above default (default is usually the lowest value)

o....that sure helps a tone!!!

Right now i am trying to find where i can get a stable pc only changing the FSB...and then from there i will see what i can get.

lol. damn. you guys are hardcore. i just want to ask a quick question. CPU-Z shows your CPU voltage only. is there a software/program and tells your total voltage used at the moment?

im saving up to get this e8400 too with a p45 chipset mobo, hopefully.

lol. damn. you guys are hardcore. i just want to ask a quick question. CPU-Z shows your CPU voltage only. is there a software/program and tells your total voltage used at the moment?
You can use Hardware Monitor for chipset voltage etc, you'll have to look in the BIOS for everything else.

Back
Top Bottom