Car Thread!

Yeah, same with me, I as hoping to get an engine all prepped, then spend like 30-40 hours of a weekend dropping it in so I can go to work on Monday with it. But at least I have the back up of a motorcycle, and Mom's car. Cash is where I run into problems now... And the fact that really my dad owns the truck...

Yeah, same with me, I as hoping to get an engine all prepped, then spend like 30-40 hours of a weekend dropping it in so I can go to work on Monday with it. But at least I have the back up of a motorcycle, and Mom's car. Cash is where I run into problems now... And the fact that really my dad owns the truck...

My dad technically owns my car too, but he doesn't care what I do to it. :D

im always impressed how they can get so little power from a big engine...

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=41155

my car is a 2.0, and has 0-60 of 8.9.. im impressed with an extra 1.7l (nearly twice the engine capacity) it is actually slower..

Power-to-weight ratio also plays a role here too, your Focus is a lot lighter than his Mustang.

im always impressed how they can get so little power from a big engine...

http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/specs/Detail.aspx?deriv=41155

my car is a 2.0, and has 0-60 of 8.9.. im impressed with an extra 1.7l (nearly twice the engine capacity) it is actually slower..

Your car weighs 1000 pounds lighter. It uses a higher reving engine than mine as well. My engine makes tons of power in low RPM, thats why it is a big engine. They can make big engines the same way as yours, but OHV engines are low end power. Why do you think they use a 5.7L OHV hemi in Dodge trucks instead of a 2.5L engine that makes the same HP like they have in Subaru cars? You are comparing apples to Oranges. The Focus has like 110hp, about 100 hp less then the V6 Mustang. It's not little power, it's low end power. Your focus can probably barely squeak the front tires, while a Mustang can melt the rear tires.

Now the 3.8 is a DOHC, as well as that Focus engine if I am not mistaken, but it is not made for high revs. It probably red lines while the Focus is hitting it's Powerband. My truck loses power after 4500 RPM, my dads subaru barely makes power below 3000 RPM. I have 1.5L on him, but he still has the same hp rating. Mine is at a way different RPM level though.

Thanks for stating that superman22x...
saves me typing, lol.
an ya its a DOHC

if i had a focus's engine i wouldnt even be able to go on the interstate without gettin run over by a big rig, lol..

an its always so funny watch'n front drive cars try to burn out, lmfao..

I always had great aspirations when it came to my truck. It's sad how all of that went out the window as soon as I went to post-secondary. I completed half of the project, redoing body work and such but never got around to an engine swap. I was probably going to throw in a regular 350ci chevy engine with a few mods for extra power but what I always wanted above that was something like this http://www.jegs.com/p/Patriot+Performance/1122042/10002/-1. Who knows though cause I've still got my truck

Thanks for stating that superman22x...
saves me typing, lol.
an ya its a DOHC

if i had a focus's engine i wouldnt even be able to go on the interstate without gettin run over by a big rig, lol..

an its always so funny watch'n front drive cars try to burn out, lmfao..

Heh, DOHC eh? Well at least your Mustang is more technologically advanced than a Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. :p

Oh and don't make fun of FWD. While a lot of idiots in Civics rice out their cars, a proper FWD car with the proper suspension tuning will still kick ass.

Of course, I'm not trying to give hope to Cabbs who is still hopelessly ricing out is Dodge Neon, which still is...a Dodge Neon.

Love you, Cabbs. :p

Back
Top Bottom