Stocks appear to be doing ok again!

superman22x

Golden Master
What do you all think? I have a profile on UpDown.com where you start with $1 million, and I am in the green now after being down to around 800,000 for quite a while. That's a 200,000 increase in about 2 weeks, or roughly 20% increase... I started in November 08.
What do you think? Temporary or possibly starting to heal a bit?

I think its starting to heal, but really really slow. Its going to take longer than this to heal up properly.

I think confidence in the markets is starting to return but I don't think the actual economies or company profits will be for a while

I noticed that they have been going up. Too bad it cost us $8.5 trillion in out money to do that. Why couldn't everyone wise up and start spending a bit of money? They wanted the gov. to take their kid's money (that is where its coming from, you realize that, right) instead of deciding to spend their money them selves?

Anyways, at least its going up. It's gonna suck paying taxes for this B.S.

I think things like comsumer confience are starting to go back up. But I don't think our country or even the world economy will be healed for 4-6 years at least.

But I have confidence that his stumulus plan is starting to do it's job. Maybe not in the private sector but in the consumer confidence that they can spend more now.

All the stimulus "scheme" has done is put us into record deficits never before seen by the United States. You better hope the markets rebound, somebody is going to need the money to repay Obama's massive debts.

I'm on UpDown too, haven't checked in ages though, it was getting redder every week. I'll probs get back in in a few days. Surprising the G20 summit, despite chaotic and probably ineffective all in all it has certainly boosted confidence in the markets. Hopefully we're moving closer to a resolution in the markets and before we do anything significant in terms of stimulus it's important that the people at least know that the world governments are at least moving towards a fix, one way or another.

All the stimulus "scheme" has done is put us into record deficits never before seen by the United States. You better hope the markets rebound, somebody is going to need the money to repay Obama's massive debts.
Whether it is a stimulus "scheme" or not, it is helping. It is sorely need as well. We can't just sit and wait as our country dies. We had our chance to do our spending. We didn't, gov't is forced to do it for us.

Whether it is a stimulus "scheme" or not, it is helping. It is sorely need as well. We can't just sit and wait as our country dies. We had our chance to do our spending. We didn't, gov't is forced to do it for us.

Say that when you can't afford a house because the taxes are killing your income.

Oh, they will go up, but I don't think it will kill your income. They are based on what you make anyway, so they won't be bad if you aren't making a whole lot, but if you make a lot, then they might raise them a higher % then the lower brackets. The lower brackets probably won't be raised much.

Back
Top Bottom