Car Thread!

l_3859a1443187c44b1869e3c8c8e628f5.jpg

l_f74e36a4b2fcdb31fd04012dc7846f1e.jpg

theinsideofthiscar.jpg

4.0 or 4.6L? lol, either way, it looks good.

So my friend got a new 08 civic, and he hangs out with this guy who's step dad is a 25 year old hispanic who owns a Mustang GT. I don't know the guy nor have I seen the car, but my friend who got the civic tells me it's, "supped up" But he doesn't know a thing about cars... He thinks his civic can take the Mustang in speed... This guy also told him to get a, "kit" for his civic. I said, "Oh yeah, a turbo kit or something. Cost a couple grand, but if you can, it would be awsome." He says, "no, like on the outside and stuff." me, "Oh, like a body kit." him, "Yeah!!" I said, "When your civic has 400hp and can go over 160mph, then let's talk about a body kit. Right now, if you put money into it, put it into the engine."
He doesn't realise what a Ricer is I guess. This guy with the Mustang that my friend is also convinced can bury a 180mph speedo, is going to convince my friend to put wings and a 7' spoiler on his civic. I will never ride in the car again if he does...

lmfao....I hate Rice Burners, fag wagons, bee hives...ect... ALL american for me when it comes to drag racing or just speed. Though for off road rally id go for an STI

but no...nota V8 : / couldnt afford a v8s gas milage for one to...lol.
its a 2000 3.8L V6 DOHC 24v with dual cat backs exhaust and a K&N Air filter, Cobra R Hood, about 220Hp.
22MPG in town and 32MPG on the interstate, cant argue that with how expensive gas is, an being in college. Though it goes 0-60 in about 9.5secs. Its got ridiculous acceleration for a v6 between 0-35mph. Burns out good to ;)

Oh, I thought it was newer then that actually, lol. I don't know much about the 3.8Ls. I have a 4.0OHV in mine, they never put the OHV in the Mustang, but it is also great fora V6. Hp is like 180or so, but torque is where the fun comes from I think, haha. 230 ft-lbs or so.
22mpg in town is pretty good, and the 32 on the interstate is great too. Mine only gets like 17 in town, and like 27 interstate.

Oh, Subaru may be Japanese designed. But it's manufactured in Indiana, lol.

A lot of Japanese cars are produced in the US. All the Toyota Camry's sold in the US are manufactured right in the US.

That's why it was ironic when all those American dealerships were totally giving Japanese cars trash at the height of the Carpocalypse. One dealership even tried to crush a Honda Accord with a Chevy Suburban monster truck, which broke the monster truck so when they got it fixed up they crushed a Kia instead. So pathetic.

A lot of Japanese cars are produced in the US. All the Toyota Camry's sold in the US are manufactured right in the US.

That's why it was ironic when all those American dealerships were totally giving Japanese cars trash at the height of the Carpocalypse. One dealership even tried to crush a Honda Accord with a Chevy Suburban monster truck, which broke the monster truck so when they got it fixed up they crushed a Kia instead. So pathetic.
lmfao, that's about as stupid as you can get.

I saw some videos on youtube of the opposite though. They took a Tundra and had towing contests vs an F-150, Chevy 1500, and Dodge Ram 1500... The Tundra was in 4x4 and possibly a L/S, while the other trucks were all open dif 2wd... And possible even the V-6 models, cause I don't think a Tundra could beat a Hemi or Triton... A Tacoma in 4x4 could out pull an open dif fullsize...

I cant stand when people or companies post benchmarks or comparisons like that... especially when they compare MBps and Mbps...like...wtf people...

I got my Hotchkis sway bars installed yesterday, 29MM front and 24MM back. I've never loved turning so much in my life.

Man, you really like modding that car, lol. I swear you get a mod every month.
I do agree though, I love taking turns fast enough so that you can feel it good. Except my stuff always gets thrown around too, lol. I can't take turns nearly as fast as you can though... But I can turn faster then a big truck at least, which is why I love mine.
I think you should put a little work into the engine though. What kind of power does it have now? Around 140hp? A 50 shot of nitrous or something wouldn't be too bad. I want to do that, hitting the purge next to a riced out Civic would feel so cool, lol. A V8 swap is really cheap for me, but for a new car like yours, it would be expensive.

Yeah, it turns really nicely now. I love modding my car, it's a lot of fun.

It makes around 105-110 WHP stock, I'm probably looking at around 120-125 with what I have in it now. I have a long tube header connected to a 2.5" exhaust, no cat with a resonator, and an underdrive pulley. I can't really do much to make more power because it would require me to get a turbo, but I can't have my car down because of work and school. It's something I'll look into when I get another car later down the road.

I'd probably just get myself a SRT-4 engine and transmission. That way I don't have to worry about Megasquirt tuning (only real way to control a boosted non-SRT-4 Neon engine, not emissions-legal) and it's an instant 100 WHP. Those engines have also seen 400+ WHP on stock bottom end.

Back
Top Bottom