Question about a Debit Card

a lot of places can not except the "debit" part of a debit card since they do not have the keypad to punch in a pin number such as fast food restaurants, and other places like conveniency stores that do have a keypad can except both and usually do ask if you want credit or debit.

a lot of places can not except the "debit" part of a debit card since they do not have the keypad to punch in a pin number such as fast food restaurants, and other places like conveniency stores that do have a keypad can except both and usually do ask if you want credit or debit.

so does that mean I cant use my card?
Mcdonalds had an keypad, and it didnt require me to put in my pin

No you still can use your card was just trying to say what others were and give some examples. Didn't know that mcdonalds has a keypad. Its just the way the cashier charges it whether as credit or debit.

i usually use a credit card if im making purchases online and then pay it off during the intrest free period on the card so i get the added protections of purchasing using a credit card on the internet and i dont have to pay any interest but my cred card has a pretty low limit on it ddue to my lack of credit history

i dont know under american law if there are any added protections to using credit cards for purchases

Back
Top Bottom