Alternatives to Soldering?

Ok, well, lets start with this, Are you wanting to lison to AM or FM stations? the length of the antenna matters here because you hafto find the wavelength of the station you want to BEST receive, and calculate out how long the antenna should be, for a 100Mhz station the antenna should be about 75cm, also make sure you are putting your current antenna in the vertical position, radios work best like this due to the polarity of the radio waves.

if your interested... http://www.electronics-tutorials.com/antennas/antenna-basics.htm

Hope u understand what um trying to get across here, the longer the antenna is, dosnt mean it will receive better, Size DOES matter ;)

SolderTechniqes.jpg

oh, um, cut your lead BEFORE soldering, if u cut after, you can get micro fractures in your connection an worsen reception. clean the area to be soldered with rubbing alcohol to get a good connection

an um not just sayin this stuff, i am certified J-STD-001 soldering and an Associates in Applied Science specializing in electronics

@sniperviper21

I am trying to get the FM Transmitter to get a better range so I can listen to my Zune in the car while driving via an blank FM station. The Cars I drive doesnt have an AUX input, and only one of the cars has an cassette player.

well, just to get the best range and performance, make your antenna as long as the cars antenna, and make sure its held verticley,

OR...

you could go to walmart and get one, i had one that was white, dont remember what one it was...
but you can get one that plugs into your headphone jack on the Zune, an then plug the transmitter into the cig lighter an there ya good, fixed

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-...fm-wireless/4505-6519_7-31232877.html?tag=lst

Seriously,Just change the headset in the car without the cassette player,they are cheap and easy to install.

The car aint mine...

you could go to walmart and get one, i had one that was white, dont remember what one it was...
but you can get one that plugs into your headphone jack on the Zune, an then plug the transmitter into the cig lighter an there ya good, fixed

http://reviews.cnet.com/mp3-player-...fm-wireless/4505-6519_7-31232877.html?tag=lst

thats similar to what I have, the one I have plugs into the zune headphone, and it can go with either battery or plugged in the cigarette place.
But theres too much static so all I hear is static and barely any music, so if I increased the range, then there wont be as much static.

look, unless you are an audiophile (in which case why are you using FM and mp3's?) you will not really notice the loss from a bad antenna. you are transmitting about 10 feet at MOST, and you are transmitting to a frequency that is otherwise unused.

what would you suggest I use to listen to music in a car that isnt mine? and without wasting CDs.

From what I heard and seen, the people that mod their FM transmitter someway get a better signal than the people that doesnt mod theirs. At least for the one I got.

The box says it goes 10-30 feet at most, but its about 1 feet away from the CD/AM/FM, and about 5-6 feet away from the car antenna, and I still get static. The only way I notice that increases the signal slightly better, would be for me holding it. I dont think thats a good idea when driving.

You are adjusting it to an open frequency aren't you? It has to be something that won't get interfered with by something on the same frequency.

Back
Top Bottom