Overclocked Core 2 Duo vs Core 2 Quad

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I have managed to overclock my E7200 from 2.53GHz to 3.85GHz! (although I'm aiming for 4GHz) Firstly I was wondering if anyones know what the max an E7200 can go to is? Secondly how would this now compare to a standard Quad Core, like a Q6600? I was also wondering if this would sill be bottlenecking my GPU now its overcloked. Thanks for any help.

I know somebody who has his 1.6GHz CPU OCed to over 3GHz. Depending on what you do with your computer, a quad core could be better. If you do gaming and don't have much of anything running at the same time, a dual core running that much faster than a quad is probably better, since the current games only use 1-2 cores.

I use it for gaming, internet, music, work - thats about it. I'm pretty sure when it was running @ 2.53GHz it was bottlenecking my GTX 260, I hope this overclock will have sorted that out.

How high can it go? Something you have to find out. Every chip overclocks differently, you just kinda have to see how it goes.

I'm sure the overclock got rid of any real bottlenecks that may have existed with your GTX 260. The only time you may run into bottlenecks is a game that has more than two threads. 3.85 Ghz should keep you good for a while though.

Back
Top Bottom