Question of cpu temps

elpea117

Baseband Member
First of all i use Everest to see all my temps and stuff. I've got a quad core Q6600 and i have it overclocked to 3Ghz. When my cpu is 100% utilized it says the CPU: 50C
CORE1: 66
CORE2: 66
CORE3: 55
CORE4: 55
Now 66 seems pushing it to me...
is it? Cause i know it depends on the processor.

Which version of Everest?

What do the latest versions of Real Temp and Core Temp report the temperatures as being?

The top of the thermal range for a G0 SLACR cpu is 71°C so 66°C is within the "safe" range, I wouldn't be overly worried about it tbh.

What are you using to stress your cpu?

Is it a G0 or a B3?

What Vcore are you feeding it?

Which cooler do you have?

Lots of variables to consider

;)

You can't use the stock cooler to overclock. I stay around 30-35C when I overclock to 3.0Ghz. I have the Xigmatek HDT S1283 with the G0 revision. Check to see if your cooler is securely on, and check your thermal paste, or replace it. Use other programs to check the temps. Try RealTemp and SpeedFan.

Everest ultimate edition Version: 4.60.1500

core temp says about the same thing

im using prime95 to stress my cpu

its G0

the vcore is like 1.357

i have the rosewill rcx-z4 for a cooler

btw when i idle my cores are at about 38 - 45.

How does one obtain more thermal paste?

the vcore is like 1.357

i have the rosewill rcx-z4 for a cooler

That's a lot of Vcore for 3.0GHz, is there any particular reason (instability?) you have it set so high?

Not the best cooler I'm afraid, it is only slightly better than the stock cooler apparently (Link) if you want air cooling the top of the heap is still the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (imo)

I agree with the MX-2 comment also, it is superior to AS5 without a doubt.

Just putting in my two cents, rohan said you can't use to stock cooler to OC, but I disagree.

Now, I will agree you can't overclock much...but i got 440Mhz extra out of mine with the stock cooler. However, it does run pretty hot, i think it gets to be around 68-70c I do want to get a aftermarket heatseak eventually.

Just putting in my two cents, rohan said you can't use to stock cooler to OC, but I disagree.

Now, I will agree you can't overclock much...but i got 440Mhz extra out of mine with the stock cooler. However, it does run pretty hot, i think it gets to be around 68-70c I do want to get a aftermarket heatseak eventually.

Ah, my bad. I meant you shouldn't. I would never overclock with the stock cooler at all. Those temps are extremely high. Even though you still have a bit of room left from your TJ max, you're really pushing it.

Back
Top Bottom