question.
what does this mean....
FSB: DRAM = 10:9
DRAM Frequency = 400.0 MHz

does this mean my ram is running slower? its supposed to be 800Mhz

yes your ram is running very slow atm haha
maybe try unlinking your ram in the bios and manually setting it
im sure you could over clock it pretty well

it is unlinked LOL....as far as i remember. I will go back in and check once my tests are over with prime95.

I got my E7200 from 2.53GHz to 3.85GHz, I also upped the voltage to 1.425, no problems here! So I would guess that your OC is also fine.

ok in CPUz the memory frequency shows up as 400 but on POST it shows 800Mhz. why?

question.
what does this mean....
FSB: DRAM = 10:9
DRAM Frequency = 400.0 MHz

does this mean my ram is running slower? its supposed to be 800Mhz

FSB: DRAM = 10:9 means that your FSB is ~442 and your DRAM is at 400

That is saying that your ram is running at 400Mhz meaning 800Mhz since it is dual channel.

Most people like to get the FSB:RAM ratio to 1:1 for maximum stability. you could do that by either OCing your ram or change multipliers to get em equal. But as long as it is stable it is fine

FSB: DRAM = 10:9 means that your FSB is ~442 and your DRAM is at 400

That is saying that your ram is running at 400Mhz meaning 800Mhz since it is dual channel.

Most people like to get the FSB:RAM ratio to 1:1 for maximum stability. you could do that by either OCing your ram or change multipliers to get em equal. But as long as it is stable it is fine

could you guide me through step by step? i am newbie at this haha.

I think the highest multiplier on the e8400 is 9 so you would have to up the ram's speed to equal the FSB of your CPU which will also require you to up the voltage on the ram most likely too in order to make it stable. But honestly it really isn't a big deal if everything is stable. but if you really want to get it 1:1 you would need to have your ram running at the same bus speed as your CPU and make sure to run memtest to make sure it is stable and you dont get any errors. Or you could just leave it the way it is. which won't really affect anything as long as your system is passing Prime 95 tests..

well now i am getting BSOD's. So i am playing around with the ram. The ram is only @ 800Mhz, but my friend said it won't run at 1778 like the FSB.

So what are my options now?

Back
Top Bottom