Mobile radio DJing

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
As a bunch of you read i'm gunna be starting a radio station onlinein the next few months. I'm looking to find out if there's a way i can take a laptop with me that i can use to connect to the internet then have a few inputs (microphone, live gig feeds etc.) going into it and it still have enough processing power to be able to output to the online station really smoothly. What kind of spec would i need and how easy is it to put multiple audio inputs into a laptop?

So what kinda spec should i be looking for. i'll probs be buying used and low cost if i can

Also, anyone know where i can get a good beginners compact mixing desk with 6-8 channels?

I'd need to be spending a lot less than that. I'd be working for and running a non-profit radio station, plus paying off a new laptop

Cheers, i'll look into them. My guitar amp is a behringer and the quality is good. Anyone got any specific suggestions though? eBay worth a look?

nah, just get whatever is a good price. make sure it supports phantom power so you can use nicer mics (condensers). as long as you don't drie the pres that hard and keep the faders at or below 0 it will sound just fine over the radio.

Back
Top Bottom