well i got Conficker....

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
my freakin computer wont even turn on... its wont even boot up it wont allow me to do updates when it would boot up nor would it let me do a system restore in safe mode.... this is so messed up... how can i get rid of it without having to whipe my hd... i have a bunch of stuff on it that i need...... stuff i cant get back... anyone?

Wow, thats sucks man. How did you get infected? You may wanna browse through this thread for more info http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=83845

I'd recommend trying to remove the infection with an arsenal of applications. I dont know if theres a particular one just for Conficker but if you can, download and run: Malwarebytes, AVG, Spybot, Ad Aware, etc...

im almost 100% positive that the reason i got it was when i started worrying about it like o crud!!! so i dl'd that program someone posted on there it scans ure computer and right after i did that fake spyware program pops up... run the scanner again and then it tell's me to restart my computer and install latest updates... DO NOT RESTART URE COMP om wow when i restarted it it just froze while loading up the programs... just got stuck on the desktop... tryed it again, got ctrl alt del up and then it just froze on there.... started safe mode tryed to restore it... wouldent allow me to... tried to start in safe mode with networking or whatever it is and thats what did it... it just froze and then now it wont boot... like i turn it on and all's i hear is the fans and thats all no beep no post nothing... black screen... there's no way i could of got infected by emails cuz i hardly use my email and theres no way by visiting a random site because i have like 20 sites that ill go to and thats about it...

Try the stinger from this page. The page is likely blocked by conflicker, so you'll need to download and burn to CD or something. Conficker spreads many ways, with the most common taking advantage of windows exploits. Having an unupdated computer attached to a public network or having improper security on shares are the likely methods it attacked you.
http://mcafee.com/us/threat_center/conficker.html

didn't you have antivirus or can this thing get around av undetected?

Judging by the computer powering up but nothing happening the thing might have flashed your bios.

If you do have to reformat, you can always boot from another hard-drive and copy all of your data (making sure to clean it first!!!) from the dead drive to the booted drive, then do a re-format of the dead drive.

what link was it? I think it would be a good idea to let others know about it before they run into the same problem.

Here is a (safe) link with a removal tool that may help, along with the other programs I already mentioned:
http://www.symantec.com/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2009-011316-0247-99

thats actually the one i tried in the first place! my computer is up and im on it now it did do something to my bios and when i started my computer it said CMOS checksum error - something something

F1 to continue

but over night i took out the mobo bat and unplugged it and that fixed the not booting problem...

mcafee doesnt work.. i dl'd the thing and it dident find anything yet all my anti virus programs are disabled and microsoft.com is blocked off... i cant get to it

my iolo antivirus is finding something it already found something called w32/Backdoor.BVEB and is trying to quarantine it but i dont think its going to happen lol...

microsoft isent blocked off totally and i dled the microsoft windows malicious software removal tool

Wow, thats weird. That link is directly from yahoos website. Anyway, be sure to run the programs in safe mode, if you havent already.

Fanatic, something I have done quite often...is boot from a Linux live disk...

That way I can get all my trash I need, and then format it. Or get the virus off.
I like Linux Backtrack a lot, but one of the other ones are Ubuntu, its really good

Back
Top Bottom