I need to know a few things...

airsoftkid

In Runtime
I need to know If it is possible to decompile a file and find its originating source IP or some way of telling where it was developed...

If it's possible, the next thing I need to know is how to do it...

If someone could help me with this, that would be great...

P.S.
I have backtrack 3 ready to boot and use on a disc, if it would be easy to use then I am ready to use it...

lol find its original source ip? cant do that i dont think. especially when compiling a program it doesnt have an IP in it..unless its a keylogger or some of the sort

The file won't have a record of where it came from, you could determine the author (maybe). What kind of file are we talking about? You say decompile, is it a file that was originally compiled? If so you're referring to "reverse engineering" and it is NOT a simple process. (unless you are a whiz with machine code/hexadecimal memory pointers :)). It's not really something that has one specific way to do it.

Further Reading

Details of Reverse Engineering

*EDIT: Good luck.

P.S.
I have backtrack 3 ready to boot and use on a disc, if it would be easy to use then I am ready to use it...

Good try buddy. You aren't going to get much help with that either. You might be able to pull the hood over some people's eyes but, as a linux user as are many others on this forum, we know what that is used for.

I like the links that you posted Daeva.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom