Odd Discovery on my Alias

Sinonymous

In Runtime
Okay I found these weird hidden menus on my samsung alias. I went into my setting and tools to check some info on my phone because it has been acting up lately which i would press the no.9 on my phone but my thumb missed and hit the # sign. A screen came up instead saying 'User Lock' and I punched in the standard phone code of 000000 and a whole list of opitions that aren't usually available popped up such as: Debug Screen, Test Calls, Voice SO, Port Map, Force Mode, Pref Mode, Clear Session, Throughput Test, Bluetooth, SATS Mode, Memory Tracker, Graphics, and Trouble Shooting. Does anyone know what this is all about? I personally am kinda shocked I found this. There is also another Service Programming menu if you press * instead of # but I'm afraid to go in there.

thats weird. I've never seen anything like that with the phones i've had. I would go into the lock mode, then put in the code and it'd bring me back to my home screen.
Kinda weird how you got a whole bunch of menus, maybe you should go to your provider and mind out if thats normal. Or do a google search and see if anyone else got the same thing you did.

Okay I found these weird hidden menus on my samsung alias. I went into my setting and tools to check some info on my phone because it has been acting up lately which i would press the no.9 on my phone but my thumb missed and hit the # sign. A screen came up instead saying 'User Lock' and I punched in the standard phone code of 000000 and a whole list of opitions that aren't usually available popped up such as: Debug Screen, Test Calls, Voice SO, Port Map, Force Mode, Pref Mode, Clear Session, Throughput Test, Bluetooth, SATS Mode, Memory Tracker, Graphics, and Trouble Shooting. Does anyone know what this is all about? I personally am kinda shocked I found this. There is also another Service Programming menu if you press * instead of # but I'm afraid to go in there.
A Lot of phones have these. There is a special combination on Sony Erricsons, Nokias, and even iPods. They are fun to have a mess around with :)

That menu is for setting up the phone. Techs also use it to trouble shoot problems. It's supposed to be there.
Don't change any of the settings.

I would imagine that is like the safe mode for the technicians who repair your phone to use. Pretty interesting, but leave it be.

thats weird. I've never seen anything like that with the phones i've had. I would go into the lock mode, then put in the code and it'd bring me back to my home screen.
Kinda weird how you got a whole bunch of menus, maybe you should go to your provider and mind out if thats normal. Or do a google search and see if anyone else got the same thing you did.

That was your 2,222nd post.

I would imagine that is like the safe mode for the technicians who repair your phone to use. Pretty interesting, but leave it be.

Not exactly.. There is a lot of things in there that are fun to mess with just be careful you press the wrong buttons and you can screw your phone up. Such as mobile web services.
I know the LG phones have a menu like this.

Back
Top Bottom