Would you trust Newegg's open box?

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
kinda thinking of buying this: MSI 9600GT

Neweggs warning:

Newegg cannot provide replacement service for these items, as their stock is limited. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of these items is with the buyer. These items have been tested for functionality, but may have superficial physical defects including, but not limited to, scratches, dings or dents. Should these items exhibit a functional defect following their purchase, the buyer (not the manufacturer, distributor, or Newegg) assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repairs

Seems like an extreme risk... Should i do it anyway?

I might go with it if the savings over a new one was enough. Usually they are just returned products that still work. But I've never personally bought an open box product before.

You should be OK. I've heard of plenty of guys ordering open box parts without any problems.

You forgot the whole description:

This is our Detailed Open Box Item Return Policy. Newegg often sells items that are listed as "open-box." Because these items are sold at greatly reduced prices, they are subject to this limited 30 day non-replaceable returns policy. Such items can only be returned within 30 days of the applicable invoice date. “Return” constitutes receipt of the product by Newegg, and not the mere issuance of an RMA. Newegg cannot provide replacement service for these items, as their stock is limited. The entire risk as to the quality and performance of these items is with the buyer. These items have been tested for functionality, but may have superficial physical defects including, but not limited to, scratches, dings or dents. Should these items exhibit a functional defect following their purchase, the buyer (not the manufacturer, distributor, or Newegg) assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repairs, unless otherwise required by law. These items are not covered by any 30-day satisfaction guarantee
You can only get your money back on these items. So if you do have a problem, at least you can return it for a refund.

I bought an open box before, it was an X1950, and it was only like $10 difference.
My friend told me to get it, and I did. I wanted to return it before i actually receive it and get a new one.
its still working now, and i bought this like 3-4 ago.

If something is wrong, then you could return it.

I wouldn't buy a case from it, because of the physical defects thingie. But for a CPU, GFX card, RAM etc I'd trust it...

But also keep in mind that even though you can return/refund. If something is wrong, then it would take you longer to enjoy what you are planning to get. So it is kind of a risk.
If it was me, I would only go for it if the price difference is good enough to justify the risk.

ive never personally got open box from newegg but i bought my g11 open box for 30 bucks off, only problem that i have is that the 0 - and del key on the num pad sometimes dont want to work, other than that the saving/quality ratio has always been what i expected(always good for me unless i got it something from a low end 1 place store)

Back
Top Bottom