Car Thread!

So I doubt my car could do HIDs, but might as well ask anyway. I've got the firebird that has hide-away headlights. Would it even be possible to use that kind of system when your lamps move up and down?

This is what I mean by hide-away headlights:
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/63/2461/25156230003_medium.jpg

just in case I was confusing anyone :p

Even if it is possible to make it work...unfortunately I doubt it would look even close to good :(

I don't see why not. It's just a matter of getting the projector to fit inside it. You may need a smaller projector to do that though.

It'll probably take some work to get an actual projector to fit. You could always just buy Sylvania/Osram Silverstars or bulbs that put out HID brightness, but are designed for use in standard halogen reflectors. It's cheap and a lot of people don't seem to mind.

Pulled my projectors out today. Getting condensation, so I have to pop the lenses off and re-seal them.

IMAG0132.jpg

hehehehhe, some kid at school, sometimes he is a friend to me. But for the most part, a total asshole to everyone. And this was funny.

^
lawl....we did that to one of the guys at work at my old job :p

It'll probably take some work to get an actual projector to fit. You could always just buy Sylvania/Osram Silverstars or bulbs that put out HID brightness, but are designed for use in standard halogen reflectors. It's cheap and a lot of people don't seem to mind.
That is what I have in the car now, but they don't produce enough light...or they arn't angled right or something...see my problem is that in the rain or when the roads are wet, I can't even see the light from my headlights, or it's not noticeable...in dry weather they are good enough, but projectors would be much more awesome.

Oh I see...hmm yeah you could try searching up Trans Am forums to see if people have tried retrofitting HID projectors into pop-up headlights.

^
yea I know of a good T/A forum that might have done something like that...thanks for the info/advice...Sadly, even if i do find something to do to get HIDs, I wont have the money for quite a while...

Back
Top Bottom