Need "Heavy Workload" Printer Suggestions

Mulsiphix

Beta member
I've purchased two HP Officejet Pro L7680's and both have died on me in about one months time. I've contacted HP and they've told me all they can suggest is that we purchase a refurbished unit from them. I've done a little research and honestly just can't find any printers that are advertised to handle "heavy" work-loads (several thousand sheets printed every few months).

I'm hoping somebody here has a printer they have experience with a printer that has been reliable and they have personally used or seen which prints thousands of documents every month or so without breaking down. Finding a printer that is compatible with a Continuous Ink Supply System or has cartridges that can be self-refilled would be a true blessing. Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

If you don't do color, I would suggest a lazer printer.
I use a Brother and the toner cartridge works for years.
I don't use a fax and none of that garbage came with my printer.
Inkjets are not worth anything, they just take your money.

Lazer printer, i have not got one myself but they did change the one in our i.t room in collage for the 5 years i was there lol and it printed thousands of sheets a month (in black and white).

My needs are only black and white. I do not require photo printing. My only worries, with such a heavy workload, is the cost of toner or ink. This HP model is one where I can refill the cartridges myself which saves a lot on ink costs. I've never worked with a laser printer before so I'm not sure how fast they consume toner. Any info on toner users VS ink usage in regards to printers (generally speaking as all models differ to some degree) would be most appreciated =).

Brother (at least used to be) a good printer. I have one at home and it works great. I dont print 1000's of pages a month but might be worth looking into

Back
Top Bottom