Fifteen Patients Die as Earth Hour Kills Life Support in Hospital

Atomic Rooster

Omnipotent One
Fifteen Patients Die as Earth Hour Kills Life Support in Hospital

San Francisco, CA – Fifteen patients on life support and in surgery died at San Francisco General Hospital when power was cut for "Earth hour" on Saturday.

The hospital was pleased with their participation in the worldwide celebration of the planet. "We asked all the patients and their families if they were all right with us cutting the power. To a person, they all said as stewards of this planet it was their duty to observe Earth Hour. They knew the risks and were willing to take it," said hospital administrator Lawrence Cho.

Cho said that it was a net gain for planet Earth, despite the deaths. "The dead patients will no longer use any energy, and actually will be turned into energy in our patient incinerator," said hospital administrator Lawrence Cho.

Marla Tompkins, surviving sister of cancer patient Warren Tompkins, said, "Warren struggled for breath as his ventilator was powered down. I thought he might make it, but with three minutes left before power was to be turned back on, he expired. It was tragic, but kept me on the edge of the seat the whole time."

:eek:

that is absolutely ridiculous! What kind of hospital would cut power to patients who needed it to save a bit of energy?? what the heck is that?!

i just realized that it is a fake too..lol its fake..but wow...if that happened.

Back
Top Bottom