My New build

nesto1000

Baseband Member
My New build Help

Ok so i am looking into making a new computer, and i have come up with these parts, well me what you guys think, if i can get better parts or not(i gave you the links to look at the full specs)...

Motherboard
ASUS M4A78-E AMD 790GX

CPU
AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz
or
AMD Phenom X4 9650 2.3GHz

Memory
Kingston HyperX 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR2 1066

HDD
Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 3.5in 500GB

PSU
Black CoolMax 500W ATX12V / EPS12V

CD/DVD Drive
ASUS LightScribe 20X SATA DVD Burner, 6X DVD-RW

I was about to say you'll need DDR3 for that mobo, until I realised that it still supports DDR2.

For the CPU, I definitely go for the X3 720, they are fantastic overclockers and a amazing buys. AMD have a little gem with this one.

I guess the PSU looks OK, what GPU will you be using?

hmmm... thank you for the CPU and PSU suggestion, as i wasnt sure about both of em, not sure on how to pic good PSUs yet...
as for GPU, the Motherboard comes Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3300 GPU so im not going to buy a GPU which is the main reason im getting this board... :D but i might get one sometime in the near future...

hmmm... thank you for the CPU and PSU suggestion, as i wasnt sure about both of em, not sure on how to pic good PSUs yet...
as for GPU, the Motherboard comes Integrated ATI Radeon HD 3300 GPU so im not going to buy a GPU which is the main reason im getting this board... :D but i might get one sometime in the near future...

what is this pc going to be used for?

a home pc that wont need upgrading for a long time?

what is this pc going to be used for?

a home pc that wont need upgrading for a long time?

AutoCAD programs, photoshop, that sort of stuff... i dont really need a high end GPU so the one that i have should be fine and yes, also a pc that i wont really have to upgrade in a long time... cuz technology is moving fast...

AutoCAD programs, photoshop, that sort of stuff... i dont really need a high end GPU so the one that i have should be fine and yes, also a pc that i wont really have to upgrade in a long time... cuz technology is moving fast...

I would definitely put some money towards a good power supply. Your computer is going to be under a load most of the time. You will heavily depend on the power supply as much as your other parts.

i have that exact board

the board has tons of overclocking options. acc works good. asus site gives out alot of bios updates. my windows boot ups are faster with this board. the hd 3300 is actually a beast when oc'd. the 8+1 power phase seems to help out my cpu temps and keeps it stable when applying higher voltages. the board has 3 case fan 3 pin power connectors.

the hd 3300 core overclocks easily to 950mhz. i have it at 1100mhz with NB voltage 1.40 6C game load mobo temp change.

Kuma 7750+ proc

CS:S fraps avg
Settings on high: 67fps avg stock. 84fps avg 1100mhz
Settings on low: 74fps avg stock. 104fps avg 1100mhz

Empire total war
Settings on low: 15fps avg stock. 25fps avg 1100mhz

i love the board ill never regret buying it.

i have that exact board

the board has tons of overclocking options. acc works good. asus site gives out alot of bios updates. my windows boot ups are faster with this board. the hd 3300 is actually a beast when oc'd. the 8+1 power phase seems to help out my cpu temps and keeps it stable when applying higher voltages. the board has 3 case fan 3 pin power connectors.

the hd 3300 core overclocks easily to 950mhz. i have it at 1100mhz with NB voltage 1.40 6C game load mobo temp change.

Kuma 7750+ proc

CS:S fraps avg
Settings on high: 67fps avg stock. 84fps avg 1100mhz
Settings on low: 74fps avg stock. 104fps avg 1100mhz

Empire total war
Settings on low: 15fps avg stock. 25fps avg 1100mhz

i love the board ill never regret buying it.
Sweet... so the integrated graphics is really good then?

Back
Top Bottom