mouse problems

discod

Beta member
heya since having a laptop i have not used our PC,the children use it for homework etc.The mouse broke so i went and got another and plugged it into the PC and it lit up but the PC is not finding it,i cant move the pointer on screen.
any ideas would be a great help ta xxx

Have you restarted the computer since it was plugged in. Also is it a usb or PS2. Have you installed drivers for it?

Well i have both but im using the ps2 one at the mo and it never came with any disc or anything so i dunno where id find the driver? plus sounds dead stupid but without the mouse i havnt a clue how i would open things up like IE and so on.
and yes have restarted comp cos i thought if i restarted it then the comp would find it

most mice are plug and play,
but id suggest to use a PS2 to USB converter, or try a USB mouse all together, because your PS2 I/o could be malfunctioning, if ur previous mouse was USB, try another USB.

but to access anything, with out a mouse, just use the windows key, arrow keys, tab/shift, and enter an u can do most things, just dont get upset at how slow that can all be.

Back
Top Bottom