Point me in the right direction?

Hey D3M0,

Looks like the boys here have given you a load of good information. While I can't suggest anything else from the websites since that has already been done, I want to know if you have a PC World store anywhere near your town.

The reason I ask is because I live in London for some parts of my year and PC World has occasional sales and price cuts on many parts that seem out of this world. Last summer, I was able to get a DVD drive, 2GB DDR ram, mouse, mouse mat, and keyboard for under £40. It might be worth a look!

Cheers,

Chris

#3. eBay is one of the last places to look for components to build a computer.
I don't entirely agree. eBay has a bad reputation and everyone thinks that half the sellers are crooks, which is not at all true. If you do your research you can get some great deals. I've picked up stuff at less than half the price by buying "faulty" (n00bs) components.

Hey D3M0,

Looks like the boys here have given you a load of good information. While I can't suggest anything else from the websites since that has already been done, I want to know if you have a PC World store anywhere near your town.

The reason I ask is because I live in London for some parts of my year and PC World has occasional sales and price cuts on many parts that seem out of this world. Last summer, I was able to get a DVD drive, 2GB DDR ram, mouse, mouse mat, and keyboard for under £40. It might be worth a look!

Cheers,

Chris
Yeah they have, and I think there is about half an hours drive away. I'll be sure to check it out whilst making the list of what and where I'm going to get things from. Thanks.

I'll let everyone know how I get on with the list of what im getting, my progress, and any outstanding deals I hope to come across! If anyone else has any suggestions or edits that'd be great. Much appreciaton.

-D3M0

When you say everything, do you mean the system, without monitor, mouse etc?

If yes, you could easily build something decent with that budget. How about this:

CPU: Phenom II X3 710
Motherboard: ASUS 780G
RAM: Corsair 2x2GB 1066
GPU: HD 4830 <- Bit cheaper compared to the 9800GT and offers the same or better performance.
PSU: OCZ 500W
HDD: I didn't pick anything here because I don't know how much space you'll need. Just make sure you get something 7200RPM with a SATA interface.
Case: CM Elite 330
Disc Drive: Bla

I think that's pretty damn good for just over £400. If you need an OS, go with Vista 64bit.

That really is great man, I really do appreciate the time you've put into this. Thanks. I'll probably pass and /edit on the case though. I'm looking for something with transparent walls. And green lights. Even if it does mean forking out that little extra!!!

Back
Top Bottom