Just ordered my new case

This is one odd thread. Look at the dates.
moskingqa5.gif

you should learn how to weld and build a case. that would be way cooler

It would probably just end up costing the same, if not more. Not only would I have to buy material, but tools as well. I'm actually going to give it a shot. I have a bunch of time to kill and I can probably get extra material free from the trash pile at Home Depot. They give away a lot of free steel and plexiglass. I'll see if I can find an aluminum alloy sheet somewhere. I just don't know what I would do when I got to the plastic parts.

Very nice choice! I've been using a CM Stacker 830 for close to 2 years now and it really is amazing (and well worth the price). I've used cheaper cases before but they don't really compare. There's a lot of nice features although it is big. I always get people walking into my room and saying "wtf is that?!?". Then I have to explain that it's actually a computer case.

Damn, that case looks so good. I can't wait to get mine. How is the airflow and cable management in that case?

There's a lot of room in it and as I don't really care about cable management I, for the most part, just left them where they were. Since there is so much room they don't really block air flow much but if you want to run cables behind the motherboard or whatever (there's also a lot of space up top to tuck them in there too) then you can definitely do that without much trouble.

As for airflow, it's not bad really with just the two fans. I found temperatures stayed relatively low. More recently I added a fan sucking in air in the top left side vent to blow on the heatsink (it has a flat mounted fan so it sucks that air in too) as well as another mounted on the top pulling hot air out. Also another recommendation is to mount your powersupply with the intake fan (assuming there is one) pointing up because there is a space to pull in outside air (you'll see what I mean when you get your case).

My only issue is that I was never able to get the 2 USB ports mounted on the front to work but I think it has something to do with the motherboard I'm using. The top ones work fine though.

Back
Top Bottom