CPU temp concern

JJCG

In Runtime
Hey, sorry I have not been active on here for a while, I have had alot of issues and setbacks which has put my computer build on hold for a while now. It is not finished properly yet but decided to put it together to see if it will post.

It was my first build and was happy to find it worked, the only issue was that when I was looking around in the bios I found that CPU temp was at 50C. I know that I am using a stock HSF and that Intels temps are not accurate but I need to know if its something to worry about. Also I have no windows at the moment so please do not recommend some temperature software yet.

Thank you (your the guys who basicaly recommended this build and part checket it for me :) ).

Make sure the CPU fan isn't spinning really slowly and that there is good contact between the heatsink and CPU. Don't use too much or too little thermal paste either. A drop the size of 2-3 rice grains should be fine.

Set the CPU fan on max and its stock so it had thermalpaste already applied, I did have problems installing the crappy push-pins but I made sure it was secure, is 50c not normal then? :confused:

Is that load or normal temp? if its normal that is really bad, you need to do something.

Download hwmonitor

Record your core temps and post them up

Is that load or normal temp? if its normal that is really bad, you need to do something.

Download hwmonitor

Record your core temps and post them up

Cant using laptop, have no windows on the comp as I said in the OP but im guessing its on normal load because the only work it was doing was starting up multiple times and going into bios.

Just re-applied with AS5 temps in the bios read 39C so thats an instant drop but I still think its still too high need your guys opinion.

Like to mention that I didnt use a lint free cloth but was careful and also did not take the mobo out of the case when reapplying the paste and the stock HSF.

thanks.

Don't read the temps from the BIOS, the CPU is in a completely different state in an OS environment and that's where the temps should be read.

Idle temps mean nothing and any readings should be taken under full load using a program such as Prime 95.

Use either Realtemp or Coretemp to measure temps as they use the correct TjMax for the i7s. Anything under 68c at full load is safe.

Have no windows atm so have to use the temps from the bios, will be getting vista tomorow though so I will post more accurate temps from software that worshipme posted.

But are those temps in the bios bad or are they too inaccurate? its idle at 38C at the moment.

thanks.

Back
Top Bottom