Talk about the most awkward situation....

I was in a very similar situation in the summer of 2005.

Because it was a big news event at the time, I won't go into any detail out of respect for my deceased schoolmate and his family.

Suffice to say just about everybody in the school was blown away and upset, even those who didn't know him. It sounds cold, but I thought it was ridiculous; people who didn't know him were collapsed in tears. Sure, I was shocked but not hysterical because I simply didn't know him well enough even though he was in my year.

In my sophomore and junior years we had 2 students pass away. In Sophomore year a guy committed suicide. I didn't know him well other than the fact that I had talked to him a handful of times the year before in class. He was in my gym class that year. In Junior year a girl in my Chemistry class died in a car accident. She was the only one in the accident, just lost control going to fast on a curvy road or something and flipped right into a river or lake. I didn't really know her other than seeing her before. Being that I go to a 5A school, I'm sure more students have died that I didn't hear of.

Probably the worst/most awkwerd situation for me was this once when a friend of ours mum died and he was in school at the time so he went home and he had a good 2-3 weeks off understandably and then on his first day back he came into the classroom and everyone just fell silent nobody knew what to say but he just came in as usualy and sat in the same spot

Probably the worst/most awkwerd situation for me was this once when a friend of ours mum died and he was in school at the time so he went home and he had a good 2-3 weeks off understandably and then on his first day back he came into the classroom and everyone just fell silent nobody knew what to say but he just came in as usualy and sat in the same spot

My friend's father dies the second from last day of school last year, so he only missed the last day, so it wasn't quite as bad, since he was back on the first day of school this [school] year.

I had a class mate that was born on the exact day/month year as me and she ended up dying in a car accident on my mom's birthday. Just kind of ironic. Apparently her mom gave her 2 cases of beer, the keys to her car and told her to have a good time. She was only 15. She crashed into a 7-11 then proceeded to drive after that and crashed into a tree a block away from where I lived where she died. :(

to the OP, get used to it. There are lots of people in your class that will die before they are 30. I just had another friend from highschool die 2 weeks ago. Now her not even 2 y/o daughter doesnt have a mom. Thats sad.

Theres been about a dozen ppl from my high school die since I started grade 8 (hs- grade 8-12) and Im sure there are more to come. Do yourself a favour, be smart and dont become a statistic.

Did you guys hear about that plane crash in Clarence NY? A girl who I know through friends dad was on the plane. That was pretty shocking.

My U.S. History teacher told me that years back a few kids had gotten drunk before school one day and driven to school, and they hit another car. Turns out they hit and killed the father of a girl who goes to our school. No one knew until the mother came into my teacher's class screaming to get her daughter.

Back
Top Bottom