Urgent Help Needed

Holysky

Fully Optimized
My CPU stays at 30'C while im not doing anything, but when i start to play a game it instantly goes up to 50 and sometimes causing it to shut down my pc at 80'C. Why is my PC overheating all of a sudden. I checked my Heatsink and nothing is wrong. I did switch for arctic silver 5 to Thermal Grease, though. What is wrong. please help before my pc overheats again

my GPU is also at 50'c and my internal temp is 39'C Remote temp is 32'C

Why is my Processor (pentium D @ 3.2 ghz stock) running at 50 percent?

Is the fan ramping up to meet the needs of the CPU? There should be options in the BIOS to run the fan constantly at full speed, or to vary the speeds according to heat.

locked bios is a stock gateway but i will try

now my GPU is at 74 WTF i have 5 fans lol.

CPU temperature rising at 57'C now

hwmonitor doesnt work what is the other one everest something?

im running an AVG scan Combat arms (online game) and posting now and my processor is at 100 percent...

exited out of combat arms now at 65% why is my Processor working so hard?!?!?!?

Is the fan ramping up to meet the needs of the CPU? There should be options in the BIOS to run the fan constantly at full speed, or to vary the speeds according to heat.

this would be the first thing to check, also, it's really hard to believe that a pentium D is running 30°C at idle, pentium 4s are hot chips and a pentium D is basically two of those stuck together, the overheating I can understand if your cooling solution is inadequate, but the idle temps should also be higher then, what monitoring programs do you use...? is TJmax set at 100...? we really can't be sure of most of these answers unless you post your specs and we can google the parts...

It should be labeled like CPU_FN or FAN1, etc.

You should be able to enter the BIOS and make some very basic changes. You need to hit either the F1 or F2 button at boot.

which one is the right one. i have it connected to the one next to the heatsink. Can i get into the bios if it is a Gateway MOBO?

it's not a gateway motherboard, it's just a stripped down version of an ASUS or similar brand mass produced for gateway systems, check to see if your motherboard has a 3 pin or 4 pin header for your cpu fan, also list what model number your gateway is...

It should be labeled like CPU_FN or FAN1, etc.

You should be able to enter the BIOS and make some very basic changes. You need to hit either the F1 or F2 button at boot.

if those don't work try delete...

hold on my case is in the closet

and its 3 pin

This is the MOBO

http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/INTEL/4006158R/4006158Rnv.shtml

8600GT

250GB 7200 RPM 32 MB cache

450 Watt PSU (Dynex) i know...

4GB of 667mhz DDR2 Kingston

stock CPU

http://support.gateway.com/s/pc/R/1009466/1009466nv.shtml

virus scan finished no viruses just cookies. CPU@ WTF 1-10 percent per core 39'C

GPU at 50'C

i went into the boot settings and enabled something that said CPUID MAX and i forget what it said after that

Back
Top Bottom