paypal

its free.

But i would be careful, don't take their advertising as fool proof. I got scammed 425.00$ but luckly i managed to get it all back thanks to paypal. But it took a very very long time.

My advice to you, if you decide to use paypal (which is a safe way to buy stuff btw), just don't leave your credit cards active on your account or bank accounts. If you need to purchase something, enter your credit card imformation every time, its safer that way, encase you ever do get hacked.

But to answer your question, yes its free completely.
I disagree, I've had my credit card and bank account on file on my Paypal account for a long time. I used to sell on ebay quite a bit and it's an upgraded account, but it's still free too. Paypal sellers account or whatever it is you need to sell on ebay....I can't remember it was so long ago. But anyway, I've never had any mysterious charges on my CC or mysterious withdrawals from my bank account. I feel paypal is the safest way to buy online.

Luke, your situation must have been an exception, I think I remember you posting it on here, wasn't it that you left your account open on a public computer or something? Maybe it was someone else.

Let me just clarify Paypal being free.....It's free for you to send money to other people, but if someone sends you money, Paypal will take a percentage of that. I sent my buddy in Canada $1.00 one time (a bet) and with the exchange rate and Paypal's percentage, he got like 40 cents.

I'm with tommy boy. I've used PayPal for ages so have loads of friends. No problems. The best online payment solution online due to it's wide usage and security. Highly recommended. And x2 to tommy's comments on charges.

I will use or take google checkout first, but I use paypal, as well, since most people have that and not google checkout.

ok so i got my info except, when it asks for my card number it wants a 12 digit, and my bank (CIBC) uses 16 not 12. am i mising something here?

ok so i got my info except, when it asks for my card number it wants a 12 digit, and my bank (CIBC) uses 16 not 12. am i mising something here?

That is pretty weird I thought ALL cards had 16... Are you sure its asking for your card number or your ROUTING number? If its the routing number that is the first set of numbers in the lower left corner of a check. I don't remember what they ask for when setting up an account but Im pretty sure that a routing number is 12 digits so that may be what they are asking for.

FFS. I had my first bad experience with PayPal today. For an annoying reason, eBuyer decided to refund my purchase. PayPal are taking 7-9 days to put the money back into my account, but it takes them about 3 seconds to TAKE it from there? I know it's partly related to my bank, but still it has PISSED me off! Now I have to wait 1week+ untill i can re-order my monitor.

I think the only time Paypal charges is when you receive money, like when you sell stuff on ebay. Takes a pretty small percentage of what you receive.
But it kind of depends on what account you have also, if you have basic, then it wouldnt charge you any money. But it can only hold so much, and if you get more than what it can hold, you would have to upgrade (free) before you can receive any money, but after you upgrade, any money you receive will get charged.
Unless they changed their policy.

My parents credit card is in the paypal we use now, we dont sell anything, just buy, and nothing bad happen. It did what its suppose to.

FFS. I had my first bad experience with PayPal today. For an annoying reason, eBuyer decided to refund my purchase. PayPal are taking 7-9 days to put the money back into my account, but it takes them about 3 seconds to TAKE it from there? I know it's partly related to my bank, but still it has PISSED me off! Now I have to wait 1week+ untill i can re-order my monitor.

It's not immediate withdrawls. With the instant transfers, Paypal gives the money to the seller before they recieve it from the bank.

That is pretty weird I thought ALL cards had 16... Are you sure its asking for your card number or your ROUTING number? If its the routing number that is the first set of numbers in the lower left corner of a check. I don't remember what they ask for when setting up an account but Im pretty sure that a routing number is 12 digits so that may be what they are asking for.
Yeah, you can't enter your card number. I think it's just ins/transit and account number, which are both on cheques.

Back
Top Bottom