For or Against the Death Penalty

[URL="http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4015348&page=1[/URL]

I thought this link was interesting. Its about an old executioner that regrets being an executioner. If this link doesn't work than you can search for "An Interview with an Executioner"

edit- you'll probably find that it costs more than you said to keep this kind of criminal locked up as they generally have solitary cells in maximum security prisons, they have to be guarded so that they are not killed by other prisoners, and have to be put on suicide watch, (i.e someone always has to be watching them) if you say that one person can guard them then that's split into three shifts, even if you said that a prison officer gets £20k a year, then that's £60k per year before you consider the cost of their clothes, accommodation meals, any medical care that they may require...

it might cost £30k a year to keep a regular prisoner, but for the really nasty ones, like Ian Huntley or Fred West it's likely to cost considerably more.
well that 30k is an average statistic so of course there will be values higher than that
This is why i disagree that people like Ian Huntley should be given any other kind of special care
the two reasons he gets special care with solitary cells is
1)to protect him from attacks from other inmates -Which tbh IMO he shouldnt be protected from they should just let them all fight it out
2)to protect himself from himself ie so he cannot commit suicide -IMO he shouldnt be on suicide watch either , they should take all reasonable prcautions but if he wants to kill himself then i dont think he should be on any watch which would make him more expensive to care for

Hey everyone, just want to say thank you for participating in this poll and responding. Your information was very helpfull

Missed th poll. But stil want to express the point.

I think Death Penalty must be in use, as some people do not deserve it. However the court has to be as much objective as it is only possible to exclude the errors.

I also think that chopponig off the hands for theft or some other stern methonds would prevent crimes.

Back
Top Bottom