XP and Ram

Verbatim47

In Runtime
I know this question is seen around the forums plastered all over the internet. But I have a question involving XP and Vista when seeing 4GB of ram.

I have Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit currently, all of my ram is shown but I know it is not being used. I would like to have my 4GB of ram "be seen" Not necessarily used in XP. Is there anyway to "see" the 4GB of ram and let it be shown in the computer information, I do not care if it is being used or not.

Also, I know the solution is "get a 64-bit operating system" I do not want to do that.

Is there any way to do this. Thanks very much! ;)

I think 32 bit operating systems can use a max of 4GB. It'll take around 3.25-3.5 GB for itself and use the rest for video memory if my memory serves correct.

It really depends on the mobo, from what I've heard. This is COMPLETELY flying by the seat of my pants here, but I assume you have four slots for RAM, A1, B1, A2, B2. Most 64 bit OS's would benefit from using A1 and B1, but try using the A1 A2 config and see if that will show in your system specs.

I know this question is seen around the forums plastered all over the internet. But I have a question involving XP and Vista when seeing 4GB of ram.

I have Vista Home Premium SP1 32-bit currently, all of my ram is shown but I know it is not being used. I would like to have my 4GB of ram "be seen" Not necessarily used in XP. Is there anyway to "see" the 4GB of ram and let it be shown in the computer information, I do not care if it is being used or not.

Also, I know the solution is "get a 64-bit operating system" I do not want to do that.

Is there any way to do this. Thanks very much! ;)
Sounds like you just want bragging rights to say that you have 4gb of ram. Why wouldn't you want to use it all?

Get a 64bit OS......haha....:)

I do not want bragging rights?? my friends know my comp specs lol. Look at my comp in the sig. The sole reason is because I want to reinstall XP and have the span feature on my new dual monitors. Any information would be appreciated...

I do not want bragging rights?? my friends know my comp specs lol. Look at my comp in the sig. The sole reason is because I want to reinstall XP and have the span feature on my new dual monitors. Any information would be appreciated...

Just a curiosity but why would you spend that much on a system and NOT get a 64 bit OS? And I'm sure that the missing ~.5 gbs of ram isnt going to affect the ability to span to 2 monitors...:D:D

Back
Top Bottom