Can i connect like this???

thatguy512

Baseband Member
Will be able to connect to the internet with my desktop if i connect a Ethernet cable from my laptop(connected to internet) to my desktop(unconnected)?

My desktop does has wireless but i forgot my password to connect to my wireless and i don't have my router disk to reset my netgear router.

One last thing will i be able to connect my desktop to a phone jack and get internet since my router is connected to my modem and my modem is connect to my phone line?

thank you computer fourms.

If you haven't formatted your hard drive or replaced it and have been connected to the wireless network, than you can try this program instead of connecting a different way. This program is to be used at your own risk. It's called wirelesskeyview. It will show all the wep keys for all wireless networks your computer was connected to. A friend of mine and I downloaded a better program which I do not know the name of it. If you want I can ask him tomorrow night when I see him. I personally like that program more than wirelesskeyview but that should do the trick for you to recover you lost wep key. Hope this helps you out.
ps. I would just install this to a flash drive would make it portable for you.

Hi,

Welcome to CF!!

If you want to connect your desktop to your laptop and connect to the internet, you are going to need a crossover cable. This is different from a regular ethernet cable in that with a regular ethernet cable you send information on one pair of wires and recieve on another. With a crossover cable you are able to send and recieve with all the pairs of cables. Other than that you should be set to go.

Cheers!

You also need to share your internet connection on the wireless computer, and go through the setup on the desktop and tell it you are connecting to the internet through another computer. Also, make sure you statically assign your IP in the same IP range as your laptop.

If you haven't formatted your hard drive or replaced it and have been connected to the wireless network, than you can try this program instead of connecting a different way. This program is to be used at your own risk. It's called wirelesskeyview. It will show all the wep keys for all wireless networks your computer was connected to. A friend of mine and I downloaded a better program which I do not know the name of it. If you want I can ask him tomorrow night when I see him. I personally like that program more than wirelesskeyview but that should do the trick for you to recover you lost wep key. Hope this helps you out.
ps. I would just install this to a flash drive would make it portable for you.

If you can tell me how i can recover my lost pass would be really helpful.Please ask your friend how i can recover my pass

Back
Top Bottom